F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update removed my application board BL, device is stuck in demo mode. Company is of no help as device out of warranty. I've been trying to find my old firmware update for it on my old drives - no luck so far.

Tech support was of no help. They claimed they remoted in to try to fix it which was a total lie as I was logging the session. At no time did the support person use the device updater to upload any files to my device. Additionally, it's impossible to remote in to the TS 5015 (can be done with the 5015P - TS +)

It's of no help using Derive's "updater" as I need the actual firmware file as Derive will never have another firmware update for the device since it's discontinued - only tune revision updates. Hoping someone out there has it downloaded and saved somewhere, would be of much help to me, thanks!

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,621 Posts
Update removed by application board BL, device is stuck in demo mode. Company is of no help as device out of warranty. I've been trying to find my old firmware update for it on my old drives - no luck so far.

It's of no help using Derive's "updater" as I need the actual firmware file. Hoping someone out there has it downloaded and saved somewhere, would be of much help to me, thanks!
I’m not exactly sure how I can help, but I have a Livewire ts+.
Do you have device updater downloaded on your computer?
Also I can send you a picture of my instruction manual if you don’t have it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m not exactly sure how I can help, but I have a Livewire ts+.
Do you have device updater downloaded on your computer?
Also I can send you a picture of my instruction manual if you don’t have it.
Device updater will only update tune revisions, I'm missing side board info their last 'update' took out, therefore I need the actual firmware, not a tune revision update :)

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,621 Posts
Device updater will only update tune revisions, I'm missing side board info their last 'update' took out, therefore I need the actual firmware, not a tune revision update :)
No, device updater actually updates the firmware too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
No, device updater actually updates the firmware too.
Only if there is a new update for a device. My device, the Livewire TS is discontinued. There are no longer updates for my device. I thought there was, so I updated in hopes of fixing the crappy TFT so touch screen works right. Instead, it REMOVED needed files for device to work correctly - I've since replaced touch screen for 15 bucks and it works great.

I have yet to meet anyone who had their SCT device fixed via remoting in or phone support. Their answer is always to send it in and "we will fix for a cost." In fact in every case, SCT tech support manages to makes things worse - this is by design to help them continue constant revenue stream as tuners are not widely popular - this is a very standard dishonest corporate biz practice.

I sat there watching the person remote into my computer. I logged internet traffic - they did nothing yet claimed they uploaded a file to my device which is impossible because it's the old TS board (5015) - does not have that capability, so that person LIED. You have the TS + (5015P) which is capable of being remoted in to.

I'm not here to debate with people, I just need help if anyone can provide it, thanks.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
They all have the ability to be “remoted”. It just requires the device to be connected to the pc. The tech can then upload firmware manually thru the Device Updater. Also you can’t see what’s happening on their screen. You can’t log anything due to a privacy agreement via TeamViewer.

The standard TS is no longer supported and was replaced with the TS+. The representative most likely would’ve just RMAd the device and upgraded you to a TS+.

I have had many devices fixed via TeamViewer with no issues at all. Many times they’ve actually aided me in covering the repair costs. Yes the support is slow, but they are a HUGE company.

No one will have previous versions of the firmware. That is all proprietary software to Derive Systems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.