F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also started logging with Erick from L.E.T. again yesterday. We're starting small and actually building off a conservative base. It's coming along well. At this stage it's very comparable to the MPT I currently have, but the tip and and shifting are a lot better. Power wise it scoots too, it's a very well mannered DD tune. Logs look good, things go where they need to when they need to. He's got another version coming to me tomorrow with more tweaks that should net some more scoot.
Erick's been awesome to work with as well, great to talk with. I've spent my fair share of time on the phone with the guy picking his brain and getting to know him. He's the guy that tuned the Morkin truck that ran 101mph @ 11psi or so.
So...if you're looking for a tune, he's not a bad guy to get in touch with either.
I'll update this was we make more progress with the truck and hopefully we'll have a good thing laid out in time to put down some good numbers in Ft. Collins next month.

Reactions: cbvet and scap99

·
Registered
674 Posts
Nice . He offered tuning whenever I mentioned a tune shootout. Keep us posted on the progress. Some 1/4 comparisons would be great but with the variety of tunes you have, swapping them all at the track would be an ordeal I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to try and get some dyno time while I'm in CO next month to dyno my latest 4 from everyone. With how our weather is here, I'll be lucky to see track time before the end of May.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, Erick is really great to talk with. Burned up a lot of minutes on the phone when we first started talking about this stuff.
Mike, you need to hurry up with this stuff can only be good!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Well crap straw I'm gonna have to try it when you get it lined out since we've got the same strategy, maybe it will be close enough.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Well crap straw I'm gonna have to try it when you get it lined out since we've got the same strategy, maybe it will be close enough.
Did you ever try a LaMotta?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Did you ever try a LaMotta?
I have LaMotta tunes in 87 and 93. Smooth transmission shifting and lightest tip in of MPT and SSI T4, but doesn't have MPTs power or SSIs detonation. Feels very linear in power delivery. Probably a good tune for someone that doesn't care to push the limit of their vehicle. The tune is put together by a guy that makes tunes for Powerteq (Edge and Superchips).

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I have LaMotta tunes in 87 and 93. Smooth transmission shifting and lightest tip in of MPT and SSI T4, but doesn't have MPTs power or SSIs detonation. Feels very linear in power delivery. Probably a good tune for someone that doesn't care to push the limit of their vehicle. The tune is put together by a guy that makes tunes for Powerteq (Edge and Superchips).

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
That mirrors what I remember, never datalogged them though...

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Josh I hope you can get something rolling there, I've heard they do good work with the diesels and would be nice to have a guy that posts about tunes running one for comparison, I am a tune whore you know :p

Reactions: scap99
1 - 13 of 13 Posts