F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my first long trip towing with the Eco. Drove from Northern California to Florida. The truck and load weighed in at 12360lbs. Got 12.5 mpg in California at 55mph, 11.5 mpg in Nevada/Utah/Wyoming/Colorado at 70mph, and then it dropped off to an average of 10.3 mpg in Kansas/Oklahoma/Texas/Louisiana/Mississippi/Alabama/Florida at 70-75mph. Overall great trip. This thing can pull like a SOB! No problem going over the Rockies or Sierra Nevadas. It was actually pretty "cute" trying to watch the little 3.5L use the engine braking down some steep hills. She's just not big enough for that.lol. Made me almost forget about my 03 Dmax! Now if I can just find a way to have the Eco blow a huge cloud of black smoke out when I stomp on it going up a steep grade I could forget about my old diesel all together!

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Damn.... that was a long drive. Don't envy you!! My friend went from Eglin AFB to Elmendorf AFB driving a '67 mustang. At least you have comfort!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Who did he piss off to get that reassignment?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Haha.. I thought the same thing but he actually requested it. He always wanted to go hunting in Alaska.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Great trip, but as mentioned on another post no comparison.
Diesel is just a much better well grounded tow vehicle.
You just can't do what a full size truck will do with a truck that equates to 1/2 the truck.
It definitely has to pulling power but for towing anything with any mass to it I'd still use my diesel.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Awesome report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts