F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Lol

Your thoughts are rarely unclear. :)

I'm not sure exactly what he means by "thin", but if he just means the ones so thin that they fit behind a pickup truck back seat, then I might have to agree that sets a lower bar for a subwoofer. But "under" the seat is not such a limitation. In fact, it's one of the advantages to the modern 4-door cavernous pickup truck interiors!

There aren't many vehicles that provide a more convenient space for a substantial opportunity for mobile low frequency audio.

But I will admit that his approach offers almost no compromise for an onboard massage machine. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Yeah the one I had was under the seat kind. It didn't get the lows or depth I wanted. no port on the shallow box either. I rarely have passengers in the back seat, more or less I just put **** back there. Plus it all fit on the side with the smaller split of the seat. Great upgrade.

Plus I took the time today to sit on the massage side, and it is pretty killer. A little Slipknot and the lower back is feelin' good and loose.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Yeah the one I had was under the seat kind. It didn't get the lows or depth I wanted. no port on the shallow box either. I rarely have passengers in the back seat, more or less I just put **** back there. Plus it all fit on the side with the smaller split of the seat. Great upgrade.

Plus I took the time today to sit on the massage side, and it is pretty killer. A little Slipknot and the lower back is feelin' good and loose.
Lol

It's OK if I think you are CRAZY?

Meant in the best way. Or at least, "fond memories" of my past when my tunes were NOT something I willingly would compromise based on practical.

Had a Suzuki Samurai that you couldn't sit anyone in the back seat on weekends because two huge Cerwin Vegas were strapped back there for the beach cruising.

Ahh the things that sweet lady put up with. :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Lol

It's OK if I think you are CRAZY?

Meant in the best way. Or at least, "fond memories" of my past when my tunes were NOT something I willingly would compromise based on practical.

Had a Suzuki Samurai that you couldn't sit anyone in the back seat on weekends because two huge Cerwin Vegas were strapped back there for the beach cruising.

Ahh the things that sweet lady put up with. :)

So crazy in a good way? Lol I get it. It's just the wife and I. No kids, no reason for anyone to be in my back seat really. It's kinda a catch all. I dont mind using the space for the good of my ears.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Upgraded out of the old Polk sub, Got rid of the cheap amp I had back there also. Finally got around to getting rid of the god awful tweeters for a better set too. I bought the amp in the pic to power the new sub in the pic. To power the 4 door speakers and tweeters, I dusted off my old Alpine MRV-F450. I'm not using the 5th channel on that amp. It's only [email protected] All in all I think i'm done with the system until my 15 year old amplifier takes a dump, and I opt for the straight up 4 ch Alpine amp. Maybe I bump up to the 65 or 75 watt x4 version I believe I seen.

Attachments

41 - 46 of 46 Posts