F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my Ecoboost and wasn't able to get the back up camera. I am wondering if anyone has installed one on their truck. I really liked the OEM one that is in the mirror. I have a basic mirror(no wires/cables) going to it. I found this one Ford ,f150,tailgate,emblem,camera,LCD,mirror,raptor,f250,F350 | Tailgate Camera.com . Has anyone installed this particular one or a similar one...if so, how bad was the install? Is there a different ones you would recommend? I'd love to get the actual OEM one but I can't find at for cheaper than about $700. Thanks in advance!

I have one that is similar with license plate camera and a screen in my mirror. I had it installed at a local shop that does a bunch of stuff like that. I only paid 600 for everything installed by them with a warranty so i couldn't beat that. The mirror is nice had a compass and tells temp. outside also

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

ecrousO, Your Lariat didn't come with a back-up camera, compass, and out side temp? My XLT did.

f150 backup camera

Thought I would chime in on this thread. I researched this extensively because I wanted a rear camera for my F150 and was overwhelmed at the options available online. I opted for this one: https://camera-source.com/products/ford-oe-fit/ford-f150-superduty-backup-camera-aftermarket-displays

The price was slightly higher than the others I found (my wife got a new purse) but there are several little things that swayed my vote, such as the loomed harness and they had the best warranty at 3 years. The housing and emblem are OEM Ford so they fit perfectly - camera is what they say it is, even has the same parking guidelines in the display as my buddies Raptor factory rear camera. Picture quality is also slightly more crisp than his Raptor camera but it's pretty close overall. If I only had his sweet front camera :cool:

Haven't had to use their customer service so I can't comment on it. I spent hours researching and thought it was worth taking the time to pass on this info for anyone who is looking to sort out all the backup camera options for their F150.

Thought I would chime in on this thread. I researched this extensively because I wanted a rear camera for my F150 and was overwhelmed at the options available online. I opted for this one: https://camera-source.com/products/ford-oe-fit/ford-f150-superduty-backup-camera-aftermarket-displays

The price was slightly higher than the others I found (my wife got a new purse) but there are several little things that swayed my vote, such as the loomed harness and they had the best warranty at 3 years. The housing and emblem are OEM Ford so they fit perfectly - camera is what they say it is, even has the same parking guidelines in the display as my buddies Raptor factory rear camera. Picture quality is also slightly more crisp than his Raptor camera but it's pretty close overall. If I only had his sweet front camera :cool:

Haven't had to use their customer service so I can't comment on it. I spent hours researching and thought it was worth taking the time to pass on this info for anyone who is looking to sort out all the backup camera options for their F150.
I have been pricing to have a backup camera installed in my 2013 f150 and one shop wants to use a license plate camera and put a new rear view mirror in for my video. Cost around $800. I like the way the kit you used looks I just wonder how hard it is to install and if is better than a license plate mount camera.

What did you hook it up to? Mirror???

I went with the camera source option as well. It was well worth the extra cost in my opinion. All wiring was included as well as good instructions and wiring diagrams of where to tap into the vehicle for power. Overall, quality is excellent and I would do it again. Very happy with the Oval camera/ gentex mirror combo. Makes hooking up trailers a BREEZE!

I recently bought the Hopkins Smart Hitch backup camera from etrailer.com. Cost was around $125 including the camera, monitor, and extension. Install was pretty straight forward. I liked their "hitch mode". Picture quality is excellent during the day and a little grainy in the dark. I have issue with it because when using their OEM Connector, the truck doesn't recognize that a trailer is connected. Trailer lights work but I don't think the brake controller is working. I called Hopkins and they are sending a new harness to try. They have been responsive I'll give them that. I hope it works because I like the camera. I'll report back.

I recently bought the Hopkins Smart Hitch backup camera from etrailer.com. Cost was around $125 including the camera, monitor, and extension. Install was pretty straight forward. I liked their "hitch mode". Picture quality is excellent during the day and a little grainy in the dark. I have issue with it because when using their OEM Connector, the truck doesn't recognize that a trailer is connected. Trailer lights work but I don't think the brake controller is working. I called Hopkins and they are sending a new harness to try. They have been responsive I'll give them that. I hope it works because I like the camera. I'll report back.
Thats dirt cheap. My grandparents are looking for a backup camera so I may look into that for them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.