F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
That sounds pretty
So I didn't have the same setup as you with the OEM touchscreen. My 2011 had all the buttons without a screen. But I installed an aftermarket HU with the Maestro interface and it works great with the factory sony system. It wasn't hard but it did take alittle trial and error and playing around. I would HIGHLY suggest programming out all the ford sync stuff when you program the maestro. I tried it with the sync and it was horrible. I ended up programming it without sync and I just use siri for everything. The only negitive to this is you can't use the OEM mic. I had to use the aftermarket MIC that comes with the radio.
You can setup a custom steering wheel controls so I have the stock sync button setup to activate siri. I love it.
Another cool example: My Alpine can display vehicle data from the OBD2 port. If I hold the steering wheel "OK" button it pulls up a screen with tons of info like Boost, EGT, AIT, ect.

Just make double sure the radio you'll looking at can do AC controls. Lots of radios will work with F150s and Maestro but not all of them will do the AC controls.
Thanks for sharing! Good to know it works well with the Sony system. I've never had a system that does the vehicle data on the screen so that will be cool to mess with. I can deal with an aftermarket mic if it means sync is gone. I've never tried a newer sync system, but these older versions are the worst. It's 50/50 whether it detects my phone lol.

That sounds pretty

Thanks for sharing! Good to know it works well with the Sony system. I've never had a system that does the vehicle data on the screen so that will be cool to mess with. I can deal with an aftermarket mic if it means sync is gone. I've never tried a newer sync system, but these older versions are the worst. It's 50/50 whether it detects my phone lol.
Our 2012 Mustang with the Sync 1 system was the same way. Now the Pioneer unit always detects it. Works awesome.

Reactions: snakebitten
Discussion starter · #23 ·
Our 2012 Mustang with the Sync 1 system was the same way. Now the Pioneer unit always detects it. Works awesome. View attachment 188302 View attachment 188303 View attachment 188304 View attachment 188305
Nice! That's a clean looking install. I have a Sony XAV-AX5000 in the truck I'm coming from (2012 Nissan Frontier). As someone who constantly uses GPS, having Apple Maps on my dash through Carplay is essential. Thought about taking that unit and throwing it in the F150, but I want something at least as big as the 8" that's currently in there.

Nice! That's a clean looking install. I have a Sony XAV-AX5000 in the truck I'm coming from (2012 Nissan Frontier). As someone who constantly uses GPS, having Apple Maps on my dash through Carplay is essential. Thought about taking that unit and throwing it in the F150, but I want something at least as big as the 8" that's currently in there.
Good luck in your search. Let us know what you find. If you have any questions on programming the Maestro unit let me know.

If you purchase it from a local shop they should be able to program it for you otherwise you need a special programming tool.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Good luck in your search. Let us know what you find. If you have any questions on programming the Maestro unit let me know.

If you purchase it from a local shop they should be able to program it for you otherwise you need a special programming tool.
I'll be sure to post what I end up going with. Not sure if I'll do the install or not but good to know. Thanks for the help!

Discussion starter · #28 ·
have you looked into the conversion kits? I went with this guy he was great and responsive Home - Breeves002
Yeah like fanatical said, I don't think they are compatible unfortunately. I'm doing some other repairs on the truck that are taking longer than expected but I'll probably eventually end up going with a nicer aftermarket head unit... Might be a few months before I pay up for that though. I'll update here once I do!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.