F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
6,745 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,889 Posts
ZFG has also gone on Hiatus. I poked him on Facebook and he stated the he is trying to get the lay of the land and understand the EO “certification” process.

I’m sure we aren’t far behind up here, which sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
369 Posts
Stage 3 had stopped selling catless downpipes a while ago. I wonder what they got dinged for specifically, maybe diesel stuff?

Edit: NVM, it seems to all be diesel related.
What a bunch of stupidness I can’t believe the EPA they are coming up with some really radical stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,889 Posts
What a bunch of stupidness I can’t believe the EPA they are coming up with some really radical stuff.
Make sure you take some time to read the linked "article"

·
Registered
369 Posts
Make sure you take some time to read the linked "article"
Thanks. But honestly, I don’t see why we can’t have catless downpipes, and EGR deletes etc. It’s no more air polluting than mining, or nuclear, or burning wood in your wood stove, or there’s so much. The earth is fine, it’s not suffering, the data proves it. Anyway, I don’t mean to be unkind, I respect everyone’s viewpoint.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Guess it's a bit more spread out than some would have you think. KM

·
Premium Member
3,889 Posts
Thanks. But honestly, I don’t see why we can’t have catless downpipes, and EGR deletes etc. It’s no more air polluting than mining, or nuclear, or burning wood in your wood stove, or there’s so much. The earth is fine, it’s not suffering, the data proves it. Anyway, I don’t mean to be unkind, I respect everyone’s viewpoint.
I completely agree with your point. The EPA doesn't take into consideration the old cars/trucks that come off the road either. Keep in mind though, that Mining, shipping, air travel, coal plants, etc are all targets for the EPA too.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I completely agree with your point. The EPA doesn't take into consideration the old cars/trucks that come off the road either. Keep in mind though, that Mining, shipping, air travel, coal plants, etc are all targets for the EPA too.
that’s just unfortunate. I don’t know what we can do to fight it either...

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
"Keep in mind though, that Mining, shipping, air travel, coal plants, etc are all targets for the EPA too."
Also keep in mind the depth of those industry pockets. They can literally toss millions at carbon credits and fines. KM

·
Premium Member
3,889 Posts
"Keep in mind though, that Mining, shipping, air travel, coal plants, etc are all targets for the EPA too."
Also keep in mind the depth of those industry pockets. They can literally toss millions at carbon credits and fines. KM
Heck yeah they do.

Just stating that they are going after everyone with a big stick. It will either be a win for them because they “reduced” emissions or they put fine dollars in the bank account.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
There are 700hp cars with factory cats, that's why.

I think if you got cats on the vehicle, you should be good to go. heavy modded cars that only get driven once in a while, who cares.

I thought this crack down was more on diesel products.

I find more ricers with no cats that any other vehicle I come across. Making 150 hp, no cats...

·
Premium Member
3,889 Posts
There are 700hp cars with factory cats, that's why.

I think if you got cats on the vehicle, you should be good to go. heavy modded cars that only get driven once in a while, who cares.

I thought this crack down was more on diesel products.

I find more ricers with no cats that any other vehicle I come across. Making 150 hp, no cats...
Diesels have certainly been put center stage for passenger vehicles, however many businesses that have been impact also touch the gas world.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
More and more news of this is cropping up. NGuage and EZLink have been sued, other tuners stopping and re-assessing, and it not a simple "offroad use only" thing as the EPA is looking at if the product can be used on a street driven vehicle, and courts have agreed.. If you want to do something about this,
Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act (RPM Act) KM

·
Premium Member
3,889 Posts
More and more news of this is cropping up. NGuage and EZLink have been sued, other tuners stopping and re-assessing, and it not a simple "offroad use only" thing as the EPA is looking at if the product can be used on a street driven vehicle, and courts have agreed.. If you want to do something about this,
Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act (RPM Act) KM
This is getting unbelievably sad. I just can’t believe they aren’t looking at the economic impact on this.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Lucky I already have my tuner and tunes seems like I wont be trying any new ones any time soon.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
It does, but just like the Gun scenario, at the first whimper of something going sideways, yall should have been buying. Looks like may be too late now.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don’t care I am not going into debt for it...I’ve been down that road and paid the price for it. I have 3 young kids and other responsibilities to worry about before tuner and tunes are on the list. I swear I would love to know what some people on here do for a living the way they order parts and post them on here all the time.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I’m thankful I purchased my ngauge and tunes when I did. I feel bad for all of us in the future if things don’t turn up. I agree they don’t care about the economic impact only the environmental. That’s the EPA’s bottom line. They should be spending money on public transportation or EV incentives/infrastructure if they want to make a real difference in the environment. Just look at how much of a difference was made when nobody was driving during early COVID days. Instead they are going to spend millions of taxpayer dollars to destroy a culture and industry. Dark times we live in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: RyEcoBeast
141 - 160 of 181 Posts