F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening
i have been reading the forum regard tuners, it seems to be LET is popular with quite a few of you. Not knowing mush amount tuners and what a fair price would be I am asking for opinions on the LET boost bundle 1.

For $659.00 I get the X4, 1 tune and the s&b CAI. I have not priced them separately nor do I know if this is a good direction for my 14 EB. Is the S&B CAI any good? Is the X4 a good handheld?

does anyone recommend an alternative?

i have no experience in the work of tuning, most of my upgrades have been the bolt on solution. I value everyone's opinion and know you won't point me in the wrong direction.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
Most will suggest SCT. The X4 is a fine handheld, the LiveWire would be more of a dash mount if you wanted a bigger screen.

I personally run LET & have had good service from Erick.

The S&B intake seems to be the nicest one when it finally came out ( opinion).

One tune is $120
One s&b is $299
One X4 is $419

So I think you're kinda getting a sweet dealio.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Another vote for X4, I've read that Cai's really don't add much except for noise.

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
Hey Clark, what type of noise?
A sucking noise. Lotsa airflow. They do add to the complete package. But a tune is a great start. Cai is one of the last. Unless you've had cai before & enjoy them. I had the AFE stage 2. A year before s&b brought here's out. Wish I waited.

·
Vendor
7,719 Posts
Hey Clark, what type of noise?
S&B is stock quiet. So if you want a sucking noise like a AFE I wouldn't get an S&B. I love the S&B and unless you have larger turbos and all other mods I would grab another part like Downpipes first. If you do get a CAI grab a full race or a S&B

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not looking for the additional noise, wanting good throttle response.

So so I get a tune with the bundle, is there canned default tunes in the x4?

anyone recommend a custom for my bundle?

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
You're buying the bundle from LET. You're buying a custom tune from him. That's what he is selling you. One custom tune.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Until my recent decision to modify this thing the sky, I went with the AFE Momentum GT CAI. It looks an awful lot like the stock 2015 air box, but much larger. Not sure how it will behave with larger turbos, but it seems to flow plenty for the current turbo setup. With the exhaust uncorked, it sounds like a darn tornado blowing under the hood. :cool:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're buying the bundle from LET. You're buying a custom tune from him. That's what he is selling you. One custom tune.
Sorry, I think my question was not clear. I understand there is a "custom" tune in the package.

I was curios if there were already canned tunes in the x4 also?

the second part of the question is for custom tune, is there "choices" of the type of tunes you select from? What I am looking for is 2 fold and perhaps not even possible. I would like to get better mileage during day to day travel but have the option of when I want to go fast with no lag I can do that too.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Sorry, I think my question was not clear. I understand there is a "custom" tune in the package.

I was curios if there were already canned tunes in the x4 also?

the second part of the question is for custom tune, is there "choices" of the type of tunes you select from? What I am looking for is 2 fold and perhaps not even possible. I would like to get better mileage during day to day travel but have the option of when I want to go fast with no lag I can do that too.
SCT's come pre-loaded with SCT canned tunes... They are OK, better than stock but nothing compared to customs.
Your tuner can dial in your tune for what you want. Usually you need 2 different tunes to get what you are after I think, they can accommodate you!
If you make an order just remember it's SEMA week.... SOme of the tuners will be out of town and not responsive I would think...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ended up going with the 5 Star and 3 tunes, it will be here by Saturday ...can't wait

1 - 17 of 17 Posts