F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put together a package of an Airaid intake, afe tube, aftermarket intercooler (not sure which one), 170* tstat, mbrp catless down pipe and sct tuner with appropriate tune. My priority is low end torque and low noise, hence the factory cat back. Any thoughts on this build? I should say I already have the sct and airaid. Thanks y'all

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Don't know much about that brand of y pipe but all who have either version of SOLO's brand luv them. Myself included ;) but sounds like a nice start on modding it. None of your list will hurt your low end especially with smaller diameter exhaust.

Oh, get rid of the stock resonator=major restriction. :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
MBRP DP is a damn good choice. Get the 409SS. I will get you some pics. It is the only one on the market that does not have a 3"- 6" 2.5" section running into a 3" from the flange! The MBRP has a 2.5" flange and a 3"pipe welded right at the flange! I love my MBRP DP !!! All my diesels I have owned I only ran MBRP. They are great and stand behind the product! I do know just a lil about DP's.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Y'all think she will be much louder with the catless down pipes but factory cat back?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great, thanks!

·
Registered
674 Posts
My LMS catless pipes didn't have 4-8" of 2.5" piping before it went to 3". At least I don't recall that. Now I gotta go take a look lol. Not that I'm going to change them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts