F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My new to me 2014 SCREW 6.5 EB is experiencing a decent amount of take-off shudder (unloaded). On top of the shudder I believe the slip yoke needs to be greased as I also get a good clunk start to stop. Still under powertrain warranty at 37k miles. Can anyone recommend a dealer/service department that they've had good luck with? Not trying to make this another take-off shudder post since there seem to be plenty in existence already. I would like to try and take it to a decent dealership and avoid some headaches with trying to alleviate my shudder since it looks like i'll be living with it to some degree for as long as i'll own this truck. Unfortunately I love everything about this truck minus the drivetrain issues. If it wasn't as nice as it is despite the shudder/clunk, i'd sell it at a loss and buy the Tundra i was eyeing before i bought this headache.

Id love to hear some success stories on what driveline issues were fixed, how they were fixed, and who did the work!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Hello,

My new to me 2014 SCREW 6.5 EB is experiencing a decent amount of take-off shudder (unloaded). On top of the shudder I believe the slip yoke needs to be greased as I also get a good clunk start to stop. Still under powertrain warranty at 37k miles. Can anyone recommend a dealer/service department that they've had good luck with? Not trying to make this another take-off shudder post since there seem to be plenty in existence already. I would like to try and take it to a decent dealership and avoid some headaches with trying to alleviate my shudder since it looks like i'll be living with it to some degree for as long as i'll own this truck. Unfortunately I love everything about this truck minus the drivetrain issues. If it wasn't as nice as it is despite the shudder/clunk, i'd sell it at a loss and buy the Tundra i was eyeing before i bought this headache.

Id love to hear some success stories on what driveline issues were fixed, how they were fixed, and who did the work!

Thanks in advance.
If memory serves me right there's been numerous discussions on a TSB for exactly what you're talking about. I'd call ford customer service and tell them you're taking it in for said concern and you'd like the TSB performed. Since it's cheap and easy they should work with you to set up an appointment and do it without question IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts