F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Rather new to the 1/2 ton towing world and would like some help and suggestions on towing set up as far as hitch and weather I should use air bags or helper springs. I have a 2013 screw 5.5ft bed w/ 3.55 reg. towing package. I'm looking to buy a toy hauler to haul my Polaris rzr around mostly local trips 20-50 miles, and 1 or 2 longer trips a year. I've included a link to the hauler I've been looking at, its a 25ft box but I believe the overall length is 29ft. dry weight 6,152lbs with a hitch weight of 1,086lbs. I've done some reading on here and found a lot of valuable information and know a lot of you are more educated on the towing abilities than I am. I appreciate any help! thanks. Work and Play 2014 25UL Toy Hauler

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
What does that cost roughly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
7,200 of the truck. I believe 15,500 combination weight.. the toyhauler has a gvwr 9,886lbs.. and I do plan on having a WD hitch, and anything else I may need.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Your tongue weight is going to be high. The payload on mine is only around 800lbs which means the tongue weight shouldn't go over that. I plan to let it go up as high as 1000lbs but that's out of safety specs. Payload is you vehicles actual weight with you and all cargo in it minus the 7200. Your trucks hitch will hold the weight fine....It's the braking and handling that comes into question once you exceed the payload.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Keep in mind the weight distribution hitch adds 100lbs of tongue weight. But over 500lbs of tongue weight and the weight distribution hitch is required.

·
Registered
15 Posts
with the rzr in the rear of the hauler it will take some of the weight off the tongue

·
Registered
32 Posts
I towed my toy hauler yesterday for the first time. I am coming from an F350 so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. My toy hauler is a Stealth WA2313; about #7500 camping weight, with about #1000 of that on the tongue. I was pleasantly surprised at how well my new ecoboost towed the trailer. What I did notice though was the soft suspension. This is easily fixed by using some form of suspension enhancement. I chose the Timbren route. I had used them before and liked the ease-of-use associated with them. This would be the only thing you might want to look into besides a quality weight distribution hitch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts