F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

We lowered our '12 FX2 4 years ago on a Maxtrac 3/5 flip-kit but had to get the rear 4" rear drop kit because the 5" gave it a negative rake. We just crossed 100k miles on the odometer so it's about time for new shocks. We're still on the OEM front struts and the rear was replaced in the drop kit. Does anyone have any recommendations on great replacement struts that give a smooth ride?

My application: Daily driver with once a month towing of 5k lbs (light duty).

Some I've looked into...

Belltech Street Performance: Seems like the best option at the moment though some claim they're a bit rough.

Belltech Nitro (apparently these wear out too quickly and are harsh)

Bilstein B6 4600: These are meant for stock height so I'm not sure how they'd fair in a 3/4 drop application with a flip-kit or if they wouldn't work at all.

Anyone else have recommendations out there for replacement shocks?
11391373_621296884674325_3459112159285157269_n.jpg 11391716_621296824674331_2894036122044729743_n.jpg

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Hey all,

We lowered our '12 FX2 4 years ago on a Maxtrac 3/5 flip-kit but had to get the rear 4" rear drop kit because the 5" gave it a negative rake. We just crossed 100k miles on the odometer so it's about time for new shocks. We're still on the OEM front struts and the rear was replaced in the drop kit. Does anyone have any recommendations on great replacement struts that give a smooth ride?

My application: Daily driver with once a month towing of 5k lbs (light duty).

Some I've looked into...

Belltech Street Performance: Seems like the best option at the moment though some claim they're a bit rough.

Belltech Nitro (apparently these wear out too quickly and are harsh)

Bilstein B6 4600: These are meant for stock height so I'm not sure how they'd fair in a 3/4 drop application with a flip-kit or if they wouldn't work at all.

Anyone else have recommendations out there for replacement shocks?
The easy route would be to go with the Belltech front and rear, since they also offer a flip kit.
If your current setup uses stock front struts, I don't see why you shouldn't run the Bilsteins.
I'm assuming the flip kit doesn't use the stock shocks, so you'd have to measure and see if Bilstein offers something for that.

Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can order custom length struts and shocks from Bilstein... I've done it on my old platinum f150 dropped it 5"/7", had it set at 4.5" up front and about 5.5 in rear so it has some decent rake to it.. Riding on 24s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
bfmjoe23
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing