F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

Looking to do a simple 2" drop in the rear with some adjustable shackles to level the vehicle out. I hadn't put any thought into what shocks i'll need to support the lowered ride height. I really wanted Bilsteins 5100's but I guess they won't cut it due to they'll be mid-compressed at 2''.

Has anyone done a shackle drop and replaced your shocks as well? What set did you go with and how to do you like it? Any recommendations in general are beneficial.

Thanks for your time.

Is your truck 4wd or 2wd?

If it's 4wd. Remove the blocks on the axle and the shocks will be fine.

Oh okay then yep shackle drop for sure only way. Doubt you'd need new shocks though.

It's an FX2. 2wd Tremor
You'll be fine with Bilstein 5100 for your truck. I'm using FX2 shocks on my 4WD that has 2" drop shackles and lift block removed.

I will have to look but i dont think the tremor 4wd has the block. I installed 2 inch drop shackles and truck sits level. I also want to go to bilstein 5100 on all 4 corners.

I will have to look but i dont think the tremor 4wd has the block. I installed 2 inch drop shackles and truck sits level. I also want to go to bilstein 5100 on all 4 corners.
It does.

I have 2 inch shackle on mine level it. Next year I plan to do bilstein all around except I will be using 2wd sets. I have talked to member on here and Stage 3...according to them the 2wd front strut is 1 inch shorter than 4x4, otherwise the same. Then i will pull block in rear and potentially cut it in half to keep the rear slightly above front.

If you only want to level, just pull the block on 4x4, although the shackle is pretty easy to install.

So i need to order 4wd for front and 2wd shocks for rear . That will keep me level with the 2 inch shackles. Anybody found best prices for 5100's ?

Ended up ordering front ones from stage 3 and rear ones from 4wd parts, i had a gift certificate . Rear ones are for a 2wd since i have lowering shackles installed. Hope to get them on in next few weeks.

Reactions: TOWMA8R
Can't go wrong with bilsteins, love my yellow 4600's

Front ones showed up Saturday , very well built . Rear ones are supposed to show up monday. I actually had some bilstein 5100 temporarily on rear of my Raptor for a week while my Fox shocks were getting rebuilt. They really did a decent job.

Front ones showed up Saturday , very well built . Rear ones are supposed to show up monday. I actually had some bilstein 5100 temporarily on rear of my Raptor for a week while my Fox shocks were getting rebuilt. They really did a decent job.
Nice!

Got the Bilsteins installed this weekend , Rides really nice not so bouncy in rear anymore. Could really tell the difference on way to work this morning , my normal route . Steering response seems tad better , truck tracks good with slight steering wheel movements feels like it is on rails. No wheel hop either on a hard 2 wheel launch just tire spin.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.