F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant decide if I want a tacoma, f150, or Colorado. Any suggestions?

Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Let me see....................... what's the best selling truck the last few decades?? I think there is a reason why. What are your needs for a truck first to start. Looks? Speed? Ride? Torque? Comfort? A company that didn't get government help? Don't think this site is to bias Others will chime in......

·
Registered
214 Posts
Have you test driven all 3 yet? I think that'll speak for itself when/if you do that. The F150 will be the largest out of the group. The 2.7L Ecoboost will be more fuel efficient and far more powerful than the other two options. Even the extended cab F150 will have a bigger cabin than the crew cab Tacoma or Colorado. Towing capacity and payload will also be much higher on the F150. If you don't use your truck to haul or tow and drive a lot in the city, the smaller trucks have some advantages there.

Selling features for me were aluminum body, 302a luxury package, very capable 3.5L Ecoboost, 11,500# towing, 1,800# payload, 36 gallon tank, and crew cab/6.5 bed.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Easy. Just look at the $value equation.

How much truck you get for your dollar?
I don't know how Ford does it, but in my opinion THAT is what's behind their incredible sales run for decades.

(The Tacoma happens to have the worst $value of almost any truck I've seen. They're great pieces of engineering, no doubt. But they command an amazing $premium)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Easy. Just look at the $value equation.

How much truck you get for your dollar?
I don't know how Ford does it, but in my opinion THAT is what's behind their incredible sales run for decades.

(The Tacoma happens to have the worst $value of almost any truck I've seen. They're great pieces of engineering, no doubt. But they command an amazing $premium)

Value can be subjective, though, based on the intended use of the truck.

I was originally set in buying a new Tacoma TRD PRO, and the only reason I did not was because at 6'7" I simply didn't fit. The seat was too high and could not go lower.

Tacoma makes a vmbetter wheeler as it's more agile, smaller and very capable. The F150 makes a better truck for truck things and is a much better value for that.

The resale on the Tacos is fantastic so if bought at a good deal the depreciation hit is extremely small in comprlarison with just about any other new car.

Edit. No regrets on buying the F150 in the end. I have been very impressed with mine since I've had it.

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
To clarify my definition of "$value equation", although it IS subjective by nature, it would have nothing to do with intended use of the truck. (and note the $ sign. Strictly that kind of value. Dollar for Dollar)

Instead, it literally is how much truck (total combined parts/features/materials that make up the product) for the dollar.

I'll admit the possibility that a truck with a lower $value equation might be a better fit for the intended use. That's why Chevy Dodge Toyota...... should keep building trucks! ;)

And yes, I'll also admit that for the same reason that Tacoma can demand a premium, it also has excellent resale.

By the way, I often purchase goods with the worst $value equation. Daily, in fact. I love good food!

·
Registered
119 Posts
To clarify my definition of "$value equation", although it IS subjective by nature, it would have nothing to do with intended use of the truck. (and note the $ sign. Strictly that kind of value. Dollar for Dollar)

Instead, it literally is how much truck (total combined parts/features/materials that make up the product) for the dollar.

I'll admit the possibility that a truck with a lower $value equation might be a better fit for the intended use. That's why Chevy Dodge Toyota...... should keep building trucks! ;)

And yes, I'll also admit that for the same reason that Tacoma can demand a premium, it also has excellent resale.

By the way, I often purchase goods with the worst $value equation. Daily, in fact. I love good food!

But parts and features and materilas are all subjective. If someone doesn't want the features you want, they have no value to them.

Anyhow, I'm being overly pedantic. Each truck has pros and cons to different people, so no wrong answers here.

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
I cant decide if I want a tacoma, f150, or Colorado. Any suggestions?

Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk
Not sure if this is a Troll or not????
Joined a FORD ECOBOOST F150 FORUM and then asks for suggestions on if they should buy a Toyota, Chevy or Ford?????? LOL

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Not sure if this is a Troll or not????
Joined a FORD ECOBOOST F150 FORUM and then asks for suggestions on if they should buy a Toyota, Chevy or Ford?????? LOL
Hey, it still gave us something to banter about today. Got my daily ecoboost.net fix. :)

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
Hey, it still gave us something to banter about today. Got my daily ecoboost.net fix. :)

C'mon Bruce. You and I are cut from the same cloth. We don't need a reason to banter or to get our fix on this site. We're bona-fide Ecoboost.net junkies. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts