F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
110k miles, brake booster failed/broke the diagram. Replaced cylinder as well. Around that time noticed I started plowing through gas. Cleaned k&n and recharged. Changed plugs, carbon build up on plugs and exhaust. Boost is slow/sluggish. Added some chevron techron. MPG is still crap... used to live at around 17-18 around town. I'm driving between 6 to 7k ft above sea level. - Ideas or toughts?...

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I thought this was going to be about hookers. I'm calling clickbait!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Something get unplugged when you were replacing the brake booster? The carbon build-up suggests overfueling, which would make your fuel economy go to crap and will ultimately cook your cats.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Something get unplugged when you were replacing the brake booster? The carbon build-up suggests overfueling, which would make your fuel economy go to crap and will ultimately cook your cats.
The build up was noticed while replacing the booster. I checked the O2 sensors and found build up... which started the whole mess

·
Registered
2 Posts
110k miles, brake booster failed/broke the diagram. Replaced cylinder as well. Around that time noticed I started plowing through gas. Cleaned k&n and recharged. Changed plugs, carbon build up on plugs and exhaust. Boost is slow/sluggish. Added some chevron techron. MPG is still crap... used to live at around 17-18 around town. I'm driving between 6 to 7k ft above sea level. - Ideas or toughts?...
I had a similar issue with my 2011 that is about to hit 150k. Mpg dropped from 18 to 15. Changed plugs and coils but had no improvement. I then cleaned the mass air flow sensors and MAP sensor. The MAP was so bad I just replaced it. Now I'm back between 18 and 19 mpg.
20200223_162604.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts