F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned the ac on this morning and it makes a loud humming noise. Is it possible something was sucked in there? If so how hard is it to remove the fan motor to inspect. I have a 2014 FX4 about 2 weeks old.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Sometimes my fan makes a bit of noise on the second speed. Did you try different speeds?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Haha! How did that get in there?

How hard was the disassembly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have NO IDEA how that got in there!!!!! Lol. The disassembly was easy... 1 plug and 3 bolts. Just take your floormat out and pull the carpet back a little and the fan will come right out.You can also remove the fuse panel cover thats in the right corner of the footwell to make it easier to pull the fan out.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I was going to say that it was humming because it didn't know the words, but looks like you found the culprit. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow you guys are not gonna believe this but I had the EXACT same thing in mine! Totally weird huh?

THANKS you saved me a good little chunk of change I was gonna take it to the dealer!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
The fan has a great habit of picking up stuff from the passenger floor board when it's on recirc

·
Registered
1 Posts
You guys ROCK!! You saved my Labor Day road trip to Colorado. I’m so glad I found this thread via Google. My blower fan suddenly made a thundering noise which could only be heard inside the truck (dead silent outside). It’s 100 degrees here, so running without the AC blasting is not an option! Yes, my wife has a nasty habit of dropping her wrappers on the floor and then stretching her legs to push it all up into the blower.

A couple more details that might help the next poor sap: The screws (at least on a 2016 Expedition) are 8mm hex head. Grab the finest ratchet handle you have, along with a u-joint and extension. The screw closest to you should come out LAST and get put back in FIRST. Otherwise you’re trying to support the blower while twisting to reach the screws behind the blower. Aside from the contortions, it’s a remarkably easy R&R.

And try not to yell at your spouse for whatever you find in there. Our road trip is going to be even more silent than I had hoped.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts