F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
13,087 Posts
These engines are not always pulling a vacuum and best I can tell this check valve prevents the boost from releasing the hubs and allowing them to lock.
I bet you are right on. (beware me agreeing with you. That may not bode well)

I will say the title of your thread threw me though. That nasty misbehaving IWE sound isn't so much a rattle as it is a clicking, and then can advance to a grind.

Regardless, doesn't feel win win when the solution is 10 bucks!?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joeymt33

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
13,087 Posts
I grabbed a couple of them off Amazon.
I haven't installed them yet, but I believe this is them

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,087 Posts
The 2021 F150, after these many years of vacuum related IWE issues, finally switched from vacuum to a stepper motor to engage/disengage the IWE.

Of course the stepper motor has to prove itself reliable, and that will take some history. But for those if us that scratched our heads because the problem was ignored for several truck generations, well Ford did something. Finally.

And I'm assuming since it is now electronic, a malfunction will absolutely trigger a code or alert. At least diagnostically it will be easier to verify?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,087 Posts
Wow, I was totally unaware that Ford officially supported the "poor man's IWE delete" procedure.

If you remove vacuum from the IWE and still can feel and hear something that isn't right, then either the IWE/Hub was damaged or you have an issue with the CV or front diff.

The transfer case shouldn't be involved if you are in 2WD. At least that's how I understand it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts