F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 F150 Ecoboost FX4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a 2012 f150 eco boost Fx4. I recently had the timing kit done and a few weeks later it started ticking extremely loud after driving it. Cam phasers were replaced and I’m wondering if it’s the fuel injectors.
Here’s a video of it.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
617 Posts
Hey everyone, I have a 2012 f150 eco boost Fx4. I recently had the timing kit done and a few weeks later it started ticking extremely loud after driving it. Cam phasers were replaced and I’m wondering if it’s the fuel injectors.
Here’s a video of it.

How many miles? It sounds like an internal knocking sound... definitely not exhaust manifold leak
Rocker maybe?

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Hmmm I’ll have to admit that’s not a good noise. Hopefully this was done at a dealer.

Does it increase with RPM? If you open the hood while it’s idling - does it sound like it’s coming from the VCT solenoids?

You can always drain the oil and check for material.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
617 Posts
It has 175,000 miles on it but the garage never said anything about a knock.
Oh ok. Was it Ford that did the timing chain? It sounds to me like timing chain noises or camshafts. I personally would be curious if they did the job correctly... if it wasn’t the Ford dealership.

·
Registered
2012 F150 Ecoboost FX4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh ok. Was it Ford that did the timing chain? It sounds to me like timing chain noises or camshafts. I personally would be curious if they did the job correctly... if it wasn’t the Ford dealership.
Yes I’m worried if they did it wrong, so I’m going to just pay the $100 for Ford to look at it

·
Registered
2012 F150 Ecoboost FX4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm I’ll have to admit that’s not a good noise. Hopefully this was done at a dealer.

Does it increase with RPM? If you open the hood while it’s idling - does it sound like it’s coming from the VCT solenoids?

You can always drain the oil and check for material.
Does not increase in rpm but the needle does dance alittle. I’ve tried to listen to it but it’s more on top

1 - 9 of 9 Posts