F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the quickest/cheapest way to get more turbo sound? I'm not sure if these turbos are like diesel turbos which have the forcing cone that you can remove to get a little more noise. But I'm just looking to get it so I can hear the turbos more. Any tips are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
offorad downpipe might help too, saw a video of someone on here installed one on factory exhaust and you cold hear them better. I'm new so correct me if I'm wrong

·
Registered
435 Posts
U can get a cap for where it vented into the turbo pipe off SSI website for like $3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Get a '13+ and you'll hear them. Downpipes were probably what added the most turbo noise to mine. Intake just added sucking sound not additonal turbo whistle from what I can hear. Venting the BOV wont add turbo whistle, you just hear them...blowing off.

Reactions: milesej05

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the help guys. I'm not real gifted when it comes to workin on vehicles so anything helps.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
How exactly is it bad for your truck? I doubt it cares if the air goes out or back in.

Reactions: agoose33

·
Registered
31 Posts
Your truck takes into account the air that is supposed to be recirculated. So every time you let off the throttle you run a little bit rich for a split second. Its not THAT rich and its not THAT long but it can cause issues over time. Think about how many times your BPV releases while just driving across town.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Eh, I'll chance it. It's adjusting values constantly anyway to get to its target. So I'm sure it runs slightly lean/rich here and there as it's adjusting to throttle input and other various factors.

·
Registered
31 Posts
By how much boost there is when you let off the throttle... I'm sure the ECU makes the corrections for it. And it doesn't recirc before your MAF sensor so it can't tell when you are venting to atmosphere. I've seen detonation damage from this first hand (not in an ecoboost, but in another vehicle where bypass valves are stock and they used a BOV) But hey, not my truck. Go for it and let me know how it goes. I'm being serious. I could be totally wrong and these trucks could run fine with a BOV or venting the stock BPV. Just not worth the risk IMO

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
MAF is more of a temp sensor, the ecoboost is a speed density type setup. I run an AFE stage 2 the "MAF" is only on one pipe, one would think that would cause more issues than VTA if it were set up as you think.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ah I see what you mean. That does seem like it would cause much more of an issue than venting. I know Stage 3 has some BOV's that they just installed and they were going to do some data logging. I'd be interested in seeing that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts