F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bringing my 2013 in for just a muffler today. They're saying they wanna put on they're own product. Can't find anything on Lous SS Signature Series on an ecoboost. A little nervous to get it done that way or if I should go with a FM Super 40 Series. Thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Let them know if you don't like the sound you want them to change it out for the flowmaster without a labor charge.

·
Registered
394 Posts
How would I do that? Do you know someone that works for lous?
I mean tell the muffler shop if you don't like the way it sounds you want them to switch out the muffler for the flowmaster.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
If they're encouraging and standing behind the product, make them take action if you dislike their recommendation!

·
Registered
74 Posts
If they're encouraging and standing behind the product, make them take action if you dislike their recommendation!
X2. It is your truck and your cash. Get your truck setup the way you want. If they wanna do it their way then you should be able to hear it before they start cutting. My exhaust guy on my 07 had a previous customer bring his truck in so I could hear the Magnaflow setup before I decided.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had Lou's do a Borla Touring cat back and it had too much drone, so I had them put back in the factory resonator at no charge. It's perfect now.
They are a franchise so they are all a little different. My buddy owns a Lou's and I've never seen any Lou's Signature Sreies kickin' around.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had Lou's do a Borla Touring cat back and it had too much drone, so I had them put back in the factory resonator at no charge. It's perfect now. They are a franchise so they are all a little different. My buddy owns a Lou's and I've never seen any Lou's Signature Sreies kickin' around.
I ended up going with the Flow Master with the Rez delete. Doesn't sound too bad. I'm glad I didn't have them put in their muffler then if people have never heard of it. And to be honest, my 3.slow ranger was more aggressive sounding even with a $30 glass pack on it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've noticed since the exhaust was installed my mpg has gone down. I'm not driving heavy footed or anything. Curious if by swapping exhaust and taking the Rez out if it caused this issue.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I've noticed since the exhaust was installed my mpg has gone down. I'm not driving heavy footed or anything. Curious if by swapping exhaust and taking the Rez out if it caused this issue.
Could be all the revving and quick starts to hear the new exhaust be the culprit? Lol.

SPPD

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could be all the revving and quick starts to hear the new exhaust be the culprit? Lol. SPPD

Hahaha I wish that were the reason. Sadly I don't think it is. My most my driving is high way and I've watched me lose .5 mpg and going down. I might go back and have then swap it back.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I knew my milage had gone down cause I was drivin' crazier, it went from 12.1 mpg to 11.5 but at that point who cares. I did pull the battery connection to reset the computer and it's actually doing a lot better now at 15.6 mpg after 240 miles this weekend and I have never seen anything close to that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I knew my milage had gone down cause I was drivin' crazier, it went from 12.1 mpg to 11.5 but at that point who cares. I did pull the battery connection to reset the computer and it's actually doing a lot better now at 15.6 mpg after 240 miles this weekend and I have never seen anything close to that.
I've seen 17.9 but that was a 175 miles one way all highway on cruise at 70mpg. Since then it's back around 15.6 local/highway. I'm just afraid that I'm gonna screw something up internally with lack of back pressure.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Turbo engines need no back pressure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts