F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my ecoboost for a week now and I love it! Its my first Ford I have owned traded in a 2011 Tacoma for it and loving it!! Averaging 17.5 mpg which I actually think is better then my Tacoma was getting! The only thing I don't like is the sound system its not the Sony package, has anyone put an aftermarket sound system??

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice truck! Did you take off the EcoBoost badges or did they not come on the new FX4 package? Nice color combo by the way!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Sweet bro welcome to the site! Have to agree with Cadeezy on nice color combo!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Very nice EcoBeast! It's a good color combination and the FX4 is a nice package.

SPPD

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's guys!! Chadeezy1 my truck is the FX Appearance package so they just have the badge on the tailgate.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Oh ok, Nice! I wish they did that with the Limited.
Stripes can be purchased through your local Ford dealer as an accessory. Not sure on pricing. They also sell them on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was actually liking the badge placement on the tailgate instead of the doors. The stripes are nice too but I like the smooth look.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I was actually liking the badge placement on the tailgate instead of the doors. The stripes are nice too but I like the smooth look.
Ah...I see. I like that look better too. Thinking the EcoBoost badge is going to move to the back...or not at all. I'll let her sleep and see who thinks she can take her. Or not. I just like the clean look. My Fusion only had Ford emblems on the front and back and no amber lenses. Lights where a lighter shade of amber also. Thinking of doing the same to the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Sony sound system is not that great. I have it in my truck and its nothing special IMO.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Great truck!

and I am currently purchasing my pieces for my system. I didn't get the soony system because even if I did I would still be upgrading. I'm not doing a sub because those days are behind me. The last time I had a woofer it was a JL Audio W7 with a JL 1000/1 amp. But in this truck I will be going with JL again.

JL audio cleen sweep cl441dsp (oem headunit interface)
JL audio C5-570 components w/ tweeter and crossover. (Replace front speakers and tweeter on A pillar)
JL audio c5-570cw component woofer (rear doors)
JL audio 300/4v3 amp.

i am clearly a fan of JL but that's because they have been the best speakers I have ever owned. I'm almost done with buying all my equipment. Then Dynamat for doors and I will be installing it myself. Dont know if it helps! Let me know it you got any questions

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks iownandselleb!!, so looked at what kind of setup you had I like!! I'm a Rockford Fosgate fan so this is what I have found rockford fosgate T165-S 6 1/2" speakers with tweeters and crossover for the front, rockford fosgete punch P1572 5x7 for the back although im thinking of just putting two more 6 1/2" in back too have not decided ye,t with a Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 4-channel compact amplifier and audio control LC6i... all from crutchfield.com if you and suggestions or think I am missing anything let me know!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nothing special on the Sony system. I got it just for the fact I wanted the screen and wanted it with the factory look. Definitely looking into upgrading the sub. For now I have stuffed mine with the poly fill that is inside a pillow and it made a tiny difference on the sub.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My only suggestion is to buy JL Audio! Lol. But nah, that should sound GREAT! I didn't care about vocals in the rear so that is why I didn't go with a 6.5. To each there own. And I know plenty of people that go with Rockford Fosgate. You have the right amount of power pushing them as well. Let me know how it turns out!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am with IownandsellEB on this one JL audio all the way. I am doing a similar system with CleanSweep and all new door speakers the biggest change for me is I am doing to 13.5" W7 flat subs under the backseat. I have the Sony system so I am removing the stock sub and building a custom box. Two subs may be a little excessive if you're interested in just one there is a very clean looking box for the F150 backseat (it only takes up the long side giving you space for amps under the small side or just a little storage space if you mount the amps behind the seats like my guy is doing) it's called the stealth box. Holds only one 13.5" W7 it's a bit pricey but it comes with the sub already built into it and from what everyone that has heard it has told me it hits harder then 2-12" subs in the same location. here is a link Car Audio - Stealthbox® - Ford - F-150 - Ford F-150 SuperCrew '09-Up
The sky is the limit on your options truly with flat subs that actually sound good and the changing of door speakers you can have a killer system or just a moderate one if that's what you're looking for.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Damn GJN, that's going to be loud!!! Can't wait to see some pictures and see what you think. JL Audio makes premium products. The W7s will keep bumping into the next decade!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I wanted to weigh in on the factory sound system....My 2013 Lariat Screw has the Sony system with Nav and I think it sounds very good. I would think that saying the Sony system sucks is very misleading. Louder is not necessarily better. Also sound quality is often dependent on what kind of music or crap you are listening to. Ford did a good job on the factory Sony system IMHO, it sure sounds better than the Boze premium system in my 06 Corvette and I think it's better than my wife's Infiniti also. Is there room for improvement? Always. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
14 Participants
Kc311
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing