husky floor mats
daystar leveling kit
full race exhaust
stubby antenna
aem drop-in filter
afe scorcher
bakplip fibermax

WAHT SHOULD I DO NEXT???

20131026_190756.jpg 20131026_210719.jpg 20131029_143544.jpg 20131031_160850.jpg 20130818_083258.jpg

·
Registered
565 Posts
what are you thoughts on the scorcher ive been tryibg to decide if i want one i have the 3 inch exhaust and a drop in filter

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
The scorcher is nice and a quick fix to add boost. It is not a full custom tune, but it certainly kicks up the power without the warranty complications of a tune. The scorcher is a plug and play harness.

Low budget wise, id do boost bars next.. Maybe the raptor grille light inserts, some led replacements, new 4x4 decals, boost gauge.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The scorcher is nice and a quick fix to add boost. It is not a full custom tune, but it certainly kicks up the power without the warranty complications of a tune. The scorcher is a plug and play harness.

couldn't have said it any better

·
Registered
71 Posts

Low budget wise, id do boost bars next.. Maybe the raptor grille light inserts, some led replacements, new 4x4 decals, boost gauge.
Why would you say its without warranty complications? Why would a customer tune be like from SCT? ( sorry for being dumb) But if you drive the truck after the scorcher normal will it act normal? I know it increases the boost. ( but thats only if your WOT right? )

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Good choices for the budget build. I have the Scorcher and it has been great. Would like to hear your opinion.

SPPD

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
The scorcher is a fool-er. It is a plug and play harness under your engine cover. As far as I know, when the scorcher is removed there's no foot print like a tuner leaves.

A SCT tune or LMS tune reflashes the computer and leaves a foot print in the computer. A custom tune is a HUGE improvement over stock but warranty complications come into affect.

Whether or or not the fund will kid your warranty is the on going debate, but I can tell you that Ford will have final say in warranty claims. In order for something to void your warranty, Ford has to prove that aftermarket item caused a failure. In the case of a tune, nearly everything is affected. One way or another, Ford could say the tune changed this manufacturers setting, which caused this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts