F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 F150 Ecoboost with 3.55 axle.

Occasionally, under slow acceleration from a stop or slow roll, I hear what is a "growling" type noise from the passenger side front engine area. Not sure if it is turbo related or not...but it does not sound normal. Of course, cannot duplicate for the dealer.

This is my 2nd 2014 Ecoboost, 1st one had an engine overheat code upon startup after a weekend, dealer offered to swap out truck, which I did. The 2nd truck ended up needing a steering rack replaced @ 1000 miles due to harsh feedback thru the steering wheel over the slightest road variations.

Has a 2013 F150 V-8 and had NO problems for a year...upgraded for more towing capacity.

Has anyone heard a similar noise? Also get terrible mileage, usually 12-13 around town, and I was getting 15 in V-8 at worst. I drive easy trying to get best mileage.

New to group, so sorry for the long winded post!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome IanG! If you look at this thread I'm nearly certain what you're experiencing is what I had in my truck. Look at the last two pages of posts and you'll see my frustration and finally my answer. Exact same engine/tranny combo. Have your service tech look up TSB #14-0134. After a lot of back and forth with my dealer they finally performed the work in this TSB and my noise has disappeared. The mileage thing I can't say, I'm getting 20.2 miles per gallon in my truck. This issue never affected my mileage and I think the mileage I'm getting is really good. So that might be something else.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
srs77: I did speak with the service manager, we are on a first name basis...and he looked up the TSB mentioned....however my symptoms are only when driving at this time, I do not have the Park to Reverse or Drive to Park noise. Out of curiousity...you had mentioned having the noise during driving AND sitting still....Did one happen before the other?

·
Registered
85 Posts
srs77: I did speak with the service manager, we are on a first name basis...and he looked up the TSB mentioned....however my symptoms are only when driving at this time, I do not have the Park to Reverse or Drive to Park noise. Out of curiousity...you had mentioned having the noise during driving AND sitting still....Did one happen before the other?
Yes, the driving issue was the first and then it started to make the noise when I put the truck into drive and/or park. So driving first followed by the other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts