F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Modinstrator
3,166 Posts
A quick compression check will answer that question in short order.

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
I dont understand why all that coked oil didnt drain out at the last oil change? how did so much build up in a short time? Were you working the truck insanely hard?

Also, why would the coke ever make it to the upper end of the engine? I would think only the tube, oil pump, and filter would be the only contaminated items.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, I might have a similar problem to this. I just had the timing chain and phasers done. I took the truck icefishing and went over some bumpy ice. After getting on smooth ice I heard what the OP heard and then the low engine oil pressure warning came on. I immediately shut it off and waited 15 minutes, it started up fine.

Do you guys think I have burnt oil in the pan that was shaken loose by the bumps and plugged the oil pick up screens?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ole Blue lives again!!!! After several short drives around the block ...all good (no low oil pressure or rattles)... went on a drive up to 60mph, all good, turned around and gave a little gas to kick in turbo (just minimal) all was great no issues, no low oil pressure and no timing chain rattle!!! I guess when good Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic 5W-30 is allowed to pump around the engine it works ALOT better!!!

NOTE: keep an eye on coolant levels when first starting, level settles and needs attention.

Also... After sitting overnight after test drive, no leaks or drips of any kind.

Now to fix the AC... thats a must in TX 1000F heat!!!

Thanks for all yalls help and advice... hope this helps someone else troubleshoot their problems.

MAC
I have the same issue. So do think the main problem in the end was the oil pump o.tnhe type of oil you used?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I have the same issue. So do think the main problem in the end was the oil pump o.tnhe type of oil you used?
I believe my issue was oil related. I really do not know why my oil coked up like that, I went a couple times extended between oil changes, maybe 10K miles. I always used the Motorcraft Synthetic blend 5W20, now I use Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic 5W20.

On another note... I took ole blue in for the PCM recall and to replace the molded lead frame. It was acting up, and after a little research I discovered the recall and notice for the lead frame. Thank goodness I was still below 150K miles and 10 years - currently 148.5 and 10 years in July LOL. Finally caught a break. Other than that, the engine has been running great from all the repairs on the turbos/timing chains.

MAC

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great i had a similar situation on a cadilac and this morning asked the mechanic to changed the oil to Penzoil platinum after reading this thread. Hopefully it works. If not I'll have to try the oil pump and at a low cost of 550 but obviously I'd rather not. Thanks for taking the effoet to write the feed.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts