F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new 2013 Platinum, now has 1200 miles and is starting to develop a low speed rumble when slowing down. Not really sure what this is but sounds like it could be a turbo rumble of sorts. This does not happen if placed into neutral when stopping but when left in drive happens all the time.
It does not sound or feel like a transmission of suspension related issue, more engine related.
Anyone else experiencing the same issue?
By the way the fuel consumption is terrible, 12 average around town. Now, before anyone beats on heavy right foot, this is certainly not the case. I have driven this very carefully, trying to keep the boost off, and yet I get horrible fuel consumption.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Just purchased a new 2013 Platinum, now has 1200 miles and is starting to develop a low speed rumble when slowing down. Not really sure what this is but sounds like it could be a turbo rumble of sorts. This does not happen if placed into neutral when stopping but when left in drive happens all the time.
It does not sound or feel like a transmission of suspension related issue, more engine related.
By the way the fuel consumption is terrible, 12 average around town. Now, before anyone beats on heavy right foot, this is certainly not the case. I have driven this very carefully, trying to keep the boost off, and yet I get horrible fuel consumption.

I would take it in to the dealer and have them check it out.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Is the rumble only something you can hear or can you feel it as well? Does the rumble occur on every stop or is it intermittent?

There are all kinds of mileage threads of which indicate figures all over the range. Mine tends to be on the low side. Currently 15.2 in mixed driving. Not enthused with mileage so far at 3600 miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, it’s only when slowing down, and then just from around 20mph, no load on engine, with and without braking, in neutral and in gear, I am suspecting this could be the Turbos.
You can hear it and feel it, slight vibration through the truck. You tend to get the same experience if you are slowing down coming to a stop over a well used intersection on the road, or stopping at traffic lights where the intersection is worn and rutted, similar to rumble strips.

I have had many dealings with dealers in the past. I can explain what is happening, but in most cases the dealers either know directly what the issue is, or they struggle, often you receive the vehicle back with the same issue as they could not find anything.

The reason for posting is that I wanted to get some feedback from the people who actually drive and live with the product on a daily basis, to see if they have experienced the issue, and perhaps I could then take the truck to the dealer with a better explanation and potential solution which other dealers have found.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The truck is now back from the dealers, and as expected, the dealer simply stated that the rumble is a common characteristic for this truck. They did however perform a Transmission shift SB for emissions !! Let’s wait to see if it gets any worse.

·
Registered
873 Posts
What was your tranny doing before the tsb? I've noticed mine clunks into gears as it downshifts in stop and go traffic - sorry not trying to hijack your thread

·
Registered
5 Posts

did you ever get a solution to the problem? my '16 seems to be doing the same thing

·
Modinstrator
3,110 Posts
ExFordy hasn’t been on the forum in 8 years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts