1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Did it improve handling at all?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm not a real fan of lowered trucks, makes me think of all those Chevy S-10 punks with the wire wheels. BUT this looks really, really good!!! And I love the white with the gray wheel combo. Nice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dramatically, much less body lean.

The McGaughy's kit relocates the stock shock in the stock front strut and the rear leaf springs are relocated under the axle. The ride is comparable to stock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

The new ride height to me is comparable to previous generation two wheel trucks. When I purchased the truck, it sat next to an identical FX4. I asked why they were the same ride height and the dealer told me all the suspension components are the same in two wheel drive and a four wheel drive. I did not need the ground clearance. This is not an off road vehicle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice drop! Did you do the install on the kit? How long did it take?
Started in the rear, passenger side leaf spring flip took 90 minutes, driver's side (including dropping the gas tank) took 40 minutes and the fronts took another 90 minutes. Two people, one an expert mechanic = 3 hours 40 minutes

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was thinking about doing a 6 inch lift on my truck but now seeing your pictures I think it might go down instead of up. Decisions decisions decisions... LOL! Looks good.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I was thinking about doing a 6 inch lift on my truck but now seeing your pictures I think it might go down instead of up. Decisions decisions decisions... LOL! Looks good.
No get lifted! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using F150 EcoBoost

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
First post! Howdy from Canada, lads.

I think I'm gonna get the same system for my 2013 (FX 2 EB Scab, Sterling Grey with 3.73 rear).

I'm Left wondering though if I'll be able to augment the McGaughy's kit with aftermarket front and rear Hellwig sways (there are some good choices out there I just don't know if they'd fit after the lowering is done). I want her to flat handle!

If anyone can bring insight, it'd be greatly appreciated.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
33 Participants
ThompsonMotors
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing