F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '18 4WD RCLB 3.5 w/heavy payload/heavy tow is just a touch too high in the back for my tastes, and I'd like to drop it a bit and level it out. I've removed the factory blocks and installed a RAS system (Those mods might have canceled each other out!) but that wasn't quite enough. I know it sits high so it can carry heavy stuff, but I have to actually load that stuff in there, and a couple of inches would make a difference. My similarly spec'd '13 didn't squat at all with a ton in the bed, so I don't think bottoming out will be a problem, but are there any other issues I should look out for? Also, who makes the best shackles? Not trying to slam it, just want to make it a bit easier to load.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
My '18 4WD RCLB 3.5 w/heavy payload/heavy tow is just a touch too high in the back for my tastes, and I'd like to drop it a bit and level it out. I've removed the factory blocks and installed a RAS system (Those mods might have canceled each other out!) but that wasn't quite enough. I know it sits high so it can carry heavy stuff, but I have to actually load that stuff in there, and a couple of inches would make a difference. My similarly spec'd '13 didn't squat at all with a ton in the bed, so I don't think bottoming out will be a problem, but are there any other issues I should look out for? Also, who makes the best shackles? Not trying to slam it, just want to make it a bit easier to load.
Not sure about the '15-up, but for the earlier gen I believe Crown suspension and Belltech make the lowering shackles with the rubber instead of the poly bushings.
I have poly bushings on mine installed for just under 3 years and they haven't made any noise yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you are only concerned with leveling it out you can install a 2" leveling kit on the front. I had a 2" Rough Country leveling kit installed and the truck sits almost level.

[/QUOTE
I actually prefer lower to higher. I know I'm in the minority around here, but I prefer the look and it makes it easier to load. Yours is pretty sweet, though. Much smaller fender gap with those 20s than I'd have with my 18s. lol

·
Registered
603 Posts
if you are only concerned with leveling it out you can install a 2" leveling kit on the front. I had a 2" Rough Country leveling kit installed and the truck sits almost level.

[/QUOTE
I actually prefer lower to higher. I know I'm in the minority around here, but I prefer the look and it makes it easier to load. Yours is pretty sweet, though. Much smaller fender gap with those 20s than I'd have with my 18s. lol
For better aerodynamics and fuel economy I agree with you. This is the first F-150 I have ever installed a leveling kit on. Not only is it a little easier to load, it also makes it easier to climb into the bed using the steps for short legged people like me if the back-end was a little lower.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For better aerodynamics and fuel economy I agree with you. This is the first F-150 I have ever installed a leveling kit on. Not only is it a little easier to load, it also makes it easier to climb into the bed using the steps for short legged people like me if the back-end was a little lower.
I may actually put a set of those wheels on mine. They're a lot easier to find than the special edition wheels I've been looking for.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup. I'd snap 'em up if he was closer, but that's a bit more than I want to spend with shipping factored in. Someone had a set for $850 without tires in San Diego, but I missed 'em. (I'd rather put more street oriented tires on them than the stockers.) I'm keeping an eye out for something more local, but it's tough to justify spending that much coin when Platinums are going for $600 a set around here. $1200 is a good price, though. He'll have them gone in no time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts