F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lund Genesis Elite Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover - Free Shipping, Reviews & Best Prices

Looking at a midrange tonneau and came across this. Does anyone have any experience with this brand or type of cover?

The cover also comes with a cable lock to help prevent theft (pffffft) and a tailgate seal. I have the factory sprayed in bed liner. Will this tail gate seal stick to the sprayed in liner? How should I install it?

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have the extang version of that one.works well easy to use and removes fast if hauling large cargo.I have tryed a few tailgate seals.none of them have worked for me.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Auto Anything is a great supplier, but that Lund cover is not so great IMHO.

If you want a cover of that style look at the Extang Trifecta or eMax. The hardware and the vinyl are much higher quality. A lot of times there will be a rebate and/or free max seal promotion too.

Auto Anything has them, but you might also check with Stage 3 to see if they can source a good deal for you, since they are a forum supporting vendor. :cool:

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Reactions: GeneralSantaAna

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
O. I picked mine up from amazon for $630 shipped.

·
Administrator
7,895 Posts
I have this one. It's aluminum. My locking tailgate keeps it secure. First purchase made for the truck. Uncle had one on his Ram. LOVE IT

BakFlip Tonneau Cover - BAKFlip G2 - Features (DETAILED)

Same one I got. Ordered from BakFactoryDirect.com for $699. Only problem with ordering off a non-authorized retailer is there is no warranty for Bak products which is probably why 2Canches was cheaper.

The Lund tailgate seal I ordered from CarID.com looked like a quality product but has since fallen off even after using the alcohol wipes and proper instructions. Waste of $20 bucks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the great feedback! Can some answer my other question?

Will a tailgate seal stick even though I have a spray in liner? What could I use to make sure it sticks?

·
Administrator
7,895 Posts
Thanks for all of the great feedback! Can some answer my other question?

Will a tailgate seal stick even though I have a spray in liner? What could I use to make sure it sticks?
Did the people that spray your liner spray the vertical section between the tailgate and bed? If so then no it will not stick.

Mine was not spray and was direct to the white paint and still peeled off.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Did the people that spray your liner spray the vertical section between the tailgate and bed? If so then no it will not stick.

Mine was not spray and was direct to the white paint and still peeled off.
Yeah I dunno why they would have sprayed it there if they did....but if so....you'll be hard pressed to find anything that will stick to it without doing something insanely permanent and/or messy.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll post a picture at lunch!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone?

·
Administrator
7,895 Posts
Sorry, was without internet all weekend for the holiday...you can try to install it as that is exactly how mine looks. Even after cleaning it with the included alcohol wipes, letting it dry, applying it...it still came undone after 2 weeks. Another thing about the tailgate seal is that it makes closing your tailgate alot harder and when you try to open it, it consequently flys open from the built up pressure. I actually felt like I was going to break that handle off a few times as it would not disengage the locks.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I don't know what seal Miles used, but if you use the Extang Max Seal, prep with alcohol and then also use a teeny bit of perma-bond, I don't see it coming off.

He's right about making it tighter, but I don't mind having to slam my tailgate a little. The seal works, and there's really no downside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts