F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 F150 XLT Screw 4x4 38,600km
Off lease resale.

-Front Brakes 75% life left, resurfaced front rotors services pads and sliders.
-Rear Brakes, replaced rotors and pads.
-services e-brake cables.
-oil and filter change 5w30 (dodge oil not sure if it is a semi synth or not)

This was done for Ontario Certified Safety check. (Other than oil)

CEL was on before I bought Dodge dealer had it looked at and fixed by local ford dealer:

-Engine misfire, changed coil and plug and did compression test. Not sure what cylinder.
-excessive vacuum noise from front end, replaced circuit breaker assembly and vacuum pump.

So hopefully this engine wasn't kicked to hard by previous owner.

Others might want to look at their brakes in the rear after 20,000 miles or so.

Called ford dealer. They ran the VIN and say no recalls are pending. Asked about the Fuel mileage TSB and he said that unless it met certain criteria nothing they can do but wouldn't tell me what that criteria was. I also asked about PCM updates and he told me they would have to hook it up to computer to check for software version etc and would have to charge me for it even if no update was needed.

Also curious if anyone with a 2011 and 3.31 gears can tell me if their rear pot looks like it was sealed with what looks like clear silicone.
Mine looks like about an 1/8" of silicone all around the seam like it was squished out when pot cover was installed. Not sure of this is normal or not or if there was a previous issue with truck. I have no maintenance records other than what they did for safety check. And ford dealer says they can't tell me what dealer was the original dealer that sold and services it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
What is the pot you reference? Is it the rear differential cover?

If you call a service adviser at a Ford dealer, provide them with your VIN, they would be able to indicate if any recalls are issued for your vehicle.

If you ask the dealer to verify PCM code version, it's discretionary, to charge you. However if you have a symptom which might include a known issue related to the PCM code version, then they should be able to perform this effort under factory warranty. Depends on how you approach the situation.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I actually went in this morning and had to get a new key programmed so I said since you are hooking it up to lap top any how, it shifts pretty hard an downshifts sloppy. Didn't say nothing bout gas mileage cause as as long as its between 16-22 mpg they won't touch it. So they re flashed it this morn and it shifts way better and mileage increased from 16.9 mpg to 21-22 mpg so far.

**Dropped down to 18.5 Mpg now. Doing the same sort of driving I was get 16.9.

Guess if ya just keep resetting it ya can always get high Mpg!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I actually went in this morning and had to get a new key programmed so I said since you are hooking it up to lap top any how, it shifts pretty hard an downshifts sloppy. Didn't say nothing bout gas mileage cause as as long as its between 16-22 mpg they won't touch it. So they re flashed it this morn and it shifts way better and mileage increased from 16.9 mpg to 21-22 mpg so far.
Wow! That's a great increase in mpg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts