F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings. I thought I would start a maintenance thread for my Truck to keep track of any maintenance and upgrades I do on the truck. I've done a similar one for my GTI for any of you who are curious.
See link here: VWVortex.com - Jazz Blue 20th Anniversary No. 2062

I purchased the Truck from Carmax in February of 2017 with 32,000 Miles on the truck. Below are a few pics from carmax when I bought it.

MDTucS3l.jpg T4bCyQdl.jpg nSk6NBIl.jpg hDSpSN7l.jpg MNvT1Mfl.jpg gFfDV99.jpg l2s2loe.jpg 14Aq8lM.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
5-29-17
33,434 Miles

1. Oil Change
6dmEMyNm.jpg

1. Oil Change - I had no idea when the last time the oil change was done on the truck, but the Oil Life Monitor (OLM) said 60%. Figured it was a good idea just to change it.

• Motorcraft 5w-30 Full Synthetic
  • Motorcraft FL-500S Oil Filter
d1ZHuMbl.jpg vVOc6Ivl.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1-17-18
40,834 Miles

1. Drive Shaft Yolk - I noticed my truck developed an issue where whenever I came to a hurried stop or whenever just taking off normal there would be clunk felt coming from the rear of the truck. The truck is still covered under my extended warranty so I took it to my local Ford dealer rather than messing with it. They remedied the problem by lubing the yolk with a "Drive Shaft Book Repair Kit" - Part No. 9L3Z4W602A.

2. PCM Update - While I had the truck there I asked the service advisor to check for PCM updates. I had them reprogram the latest and greated calibration into my PCM.

*The clunk is now gone and driveability is now better with the updated PCM calibration.*
sfWohCQh.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Transmission Service

3-2-18
41,663 Miles

1. Transmission Fluid and Filter Replacement
uSYYpepm.jpg

1. Trans Fluid and Filter

• Motorcraft Mercon LV Automatic Transmission Fluid
  • FoMoCo Transmission Filter - Part No. BL3P-7G186-AD

• [*=1]Transmission Pan
​- After skid plate removed

oXPwIQWh.jpg

• Pan Removed
- Yes I made a big ass mess
qIzKpuvh.jpg

dEosS6lh.jpg

• Fluid wasn't too bad
JEcldz1h.jpg

• [*=1]Pan, Magnet, and Gasket all cleaned up
UjgGLVMh.jpg

• New Filter

• New Fluid
​- I added fluid and checked the level per the Ford Workshop Manual. Got the Trans up to over 195* per the manual and then recheck fluid, adding to the appropriate marks on the dipstick.

vaKuKnyh.jpg

·
Registered
634 Posts
How much fluid did the transmission pan drop require? I want to do mine early and then leave it alone until around 100k.
thanks.

Reactions: CD155MX

·
Registered
634 Posts
Reactions: CD155MX

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
thanks for the quart count. That is what other forums have been around 6.5-7.5. I just bought 2 gallons (8quarts) to do my pan drop something this spring/summer....but i am using Amsoil!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the quart count. That is what other forums have been around 6.5-7.5. I just bought 2 gallons (8quarts) to do my pan drop something this spring/summer....but i am using Amsoil!
Sure thing. I ended up buying a 12 quart case because it worked out to be the same price as buying 7 quarts. I plan on checking the level again since I've got another oil change coming up soon. I'll have plenty if I need to add some. Hope that Amsoil fluid treats you well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
4/12/18
42,259 Miles

1. Transmission Level Check
  2. Oil Change

D5lBYfEm.jpg

1. Transmission Level Check - Checked the trans level per the Ford Workshop Manual. Level was w/in spec, but added a small amount more (still w/in spec though).

Thank You Ford for putting the dipstick location right next to the CAT.

mCJOUZYh.jpg

Fluid Level.

UvemjXVh.jpg

2. Oil Change- Last oil change was at 38,090 w/ Full Synthetic. I decided to just go with the FoMoCo Synthetic Blend this time and make sure the change intervals are kept low.

• Motorcraft 5W-30 Synthetic Blend

Ix0Px9qh.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oil Change

11/17/18
45,168 Miles

Oil Change
- Last oil change was at 42,259. Really wasn't quite due for an oil change, but wanted to get it in before we took the truck on a 900 mile road trip the following week.

• Motorcraft 5W-30 Synthetic Blend

oyEPB9vl.jpg

7COGW4Nl.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice thread, I definitely dig your vortex one. I sold my GTI a few years back when I had kids. Tropic VR6, 12 valve with the 5 speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice thread, I definitely dig your vortex one. I sold my GTI a few years back when I had kids. Tropic VR6, 12 valve with the 5 speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Bstew! Your car looks great! Love the Tropic Orange. If memory serves me that's a super rare car you had. Only a few hundred were ever produced in that color I think.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
If you're one to change the Trans fluid pretty often, I would suggest shelling out the dough for a dipstick. I went with the B&M one and couldn't be happier, after swapping the Torque converter and doing a fluid change, I wanted to check the level often. This made is as easy as could be.

They aren't cheap though, but you may be able to find one cheaper than the B&M one I got.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you're one to change the Trans fluid pretty often, I would suggest shelling out the dough for a dipstick. I went with the B&M one and couldn't be happier, after swapping the Torque converter and doing a fluid change, I wanted to check the level often. This made is as easy as could be.

They aren't cheap though, but you may be able to find one cheaper than the B&M one I got.
Thanks for the recommendation. I had no idea a product like that existed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts