F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a alumnized version of the mak off-road pipe for the ecoboost for sale. I purchased this the beginning of November and have used it until yesterday when I put my stock cats back on. This pipe definitely lets you hear the turbos better as well as makes it a little louder when you get on it. You will however not be able to pass emissions with it on unless you have a small town shop that doesn't bother with that and I know there out there. The pipe is in excellent shape as I mentioned it was only used for 3 1/2 months. The only thing that would be different then when you buy it knew is I paid a shop 50 dollars to put a weld halfway around the seam on the driver side pipe where it slips in. It will still install just fine as the factory cats are all one piece. I will post a picture of what I am referring to. I had them put the weld because when the pipes were on there was the smallest little gap between the two and I wasn't sure if that would cause an exhaust leak so it was easier just to have them weld it. Any questions just ask I am asking 225 normally run 369 I believe. I do not want to ship and for those in houston interested I can meet in wharton as that is the halfway point from me to you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it was a shop in katy that did the weld. They did the weld while it was on the truck not sure if that is why its not as good looking. I honestly don't know what a good weld looks like so I had no complaints. But now that you said something I guess I wont use them anymore lol.

·
Registered
838 Posts

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Or straight north please

Sent from my space grey 5S using an aPP called Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will check on shipping but I will have to find a box large enough to fit it. Buyer would have to pay shipping and PayPal fees though which is kind of why I wanted to deal local with cash. It's 169 cheaper then new but by the time you figure in shipping cost and 3% paypal your not saving that much off the new one. But I will still get an estimate when I can might be awhile though as the nearest ups or FedEx store is an hour away.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
A good weld should look like a row of dimes. View attachment 7485
I agree, a good weld should look like the one posted above.
However, the one of the exhaust pipe that was partially welded while on the truck, while ugly, is doing what it was intended to do, seal a gap.

Vtkid, don't let them sweat you on the weld, it's about typical for local exhaust shops.

Custom fabricators will have nicer welds, but would charge more...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Txt me, work 6 days this next week 10 hr days expect wed and thur, ill pm you my phone so u can txt/call thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pending local sale to agoose33 if it falls through I will look into shipping for those that were interested.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok so the local sale did not work out as planned so its still for sale. If your interested let me know I can drive a little to meet someone.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bump price drop $175 someone local is bound to want this for that price its more then half off the price of a new one.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Bump price drop $175 someone local is bound to want this for that price its more then half off the price of a new one.
Really want that but I'm ibn Denver

'12 XLT eco: Airaid intake, LMS 91, ADD Venom front bumper, 2" level, 35x12.5 Toyo AT2 Xtreme's, 17x9 Vtec Raptor wheels, 15% front window tint

1 - 20 of 35 Posts