F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
So after a few emails with [email protected].. Here is the deal!!!
They will do a group buy if you guys can round up a minimum of 10 people to buy y-pipes/downpipes. I'm buying one for myself so we 9 or more to get the special!!
So you guys PM [email protected] for pricing info!!

Depending on which y-pipes/Downpipes you they would price accordingly.

One condition though. The pricing cannot be made public, if they see the pricing posted in public the will stop the group buy!

PM away but pricing must stay private

Here is offroad y-pipe if you havent heard it yet.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Well, advertising the price here on the forum would probably draw more people in... Just sayin.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm in.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Dude you live in Fort Worth!!! I'm in Arlington we should have a ecoboost meet we need find more members here on the forum that live in the DFW and set up a local spot where we can all meet up. Talk ecoboost eat somewhere have some drinks and meet new people in the area.^^
Awesome dude!!!!! PM [email protected] performance for your discount.

We need 7 more Ecoboost's that want some more HP !!
For those of you who dont know already the factory y-pipe is one of the biggest restrictions in the exhaust. In my opinion adding the off-road y-pipe is one the single biggest performance gains you can do for your ecoboost. Now add that with a after market exhaust system for even more of a performance gain.
Turbo motors love to be able to breathe.

·
Registered
393 Posts
PM sent to Adrian.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Cool man thanks..
So far here is the list Ill up date the thread as we go along. We need 4 or more Ecoboost.
Remeber this is for either a catless or with cat y-pipe so for those of you who are concerned with warranty issues.

1.awdturbo4
2.helwood3
3.hunter73
4.AKSilverboost
5.andrew1a331
6.bagged_expo

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
I'm a newbie. Is the Y pipe coming from the manifolds to the single pipe before the cat?

And is it an easy switch in your driveway? Still keeping the stock exhaust?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes this a bolt on and you can do this with simple tool set and in drive way.
The y-pipe comes off the turbos to the muffler.
If you get a cat back exhaust you have really only done half your exhaust system. The y-pipe is the other half which will give you a full exhaust system from the turbos back.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Does it delete the cat and resonator?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
It deletes the cats if you go the catless y-pipe option.This will connect right before the resonator. You will need a aftermarket exhaust system to get rid of the resonator or go to a local exhaust shop have them cut it out and weld in a straight pipe.
if I were you I just get a aftermarket exhaust system. This will get rid of the resonator and bigger exhaust pipe. The resonator is not the restriction. the cats are and the stock muffler and the little exhuast piping.However just adding the y-pipe to your stock exhaust systme you will diffently be able to fill the difference in your seat and hear the turbos more.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Thanks.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm in Carrollton also in DFW....

I am considering this Y pipe also, I just installed the AFE stage II intake and AFE 4" turbo exhaust and SCT tune and it made a huge difference already...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^^ Carrollton!! Yeah see we need to have a Ecoboost meet!! ill figure something out and pick a spot where its middle for the Dallas side and Fort Worth Side. Ill make another thread about once I figure it out.

Yeah dude get on the buy its a great deal!! PM [email protected] for the price and let me know and Ill add you to the list.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am in for now too. The wife signed off of the great deal. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dude you live in Fort Worth!!! I'm in Arlington we should have a ecoboost meet we need find more members here on the forum that live in the DFW and set up a local spot where we can all meet up. Talk ecoboost eat somewhere have some drinks and meet new people in the area.^^
Awesome dude!!!!! PM [email protected] performance for your discount.

We need 7 more Ecoboost's that want some more HP !!
For those of you who dont know already the factory y-pipe is one of the biggest restrictions in the exhaust. In my opinion adding the off-road y-pipe is one the single biggest performance gains you can do for your ecoboost. Now add that with a after market exhaust system for even more of a performance gain.
Turbo motors love to be able to breathe.
That sounds like a plan.

·
Registered
13,055 Posts
Why do I want a down pipe & does it mess with the cat emissions on the computer?

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Check out MAK in the marketplace section. There are cat'd versions to stay emission legal.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
O/R y pipe removes cats and you won't pass emissions. If you don't have a tune, you'll trigger the check engine light.

Catted y pipe will have high-flow cats that are emission legal (pretty costly).

1 - 20 of 79 Posts