F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
482 Posts
One thing to add for the catted guys. Even with the catted pipes we highly recommend you get a custom tune from your preferred tuner for optimum gains. Our cats are high flow performance cats. They are not factory replacements. While they are 49 state and canada emmissions legal, they may still trigger the Check Engine Light.

·
Registered
17 Posts
is there a way to get around triggering the CEl with the high flow cats? I have to pass emissions and am not interested in tuning my truck till the warranty is up atleast? If so I am interested in a set.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The catted y-pipe still may trigger the cel. You will need a tuner at the very least to get rid of the cel although just cause you have a tuner you can still run the factory program and wait till warranty runs out.All you want to do is pass emissions at this point and run hi flow catted pipe so you dont need a custom tune. You will not take maximum gain obviously of the y-pipe until you actually run a tune of your choice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
so i could run a factory tune and make it so the cel does not come on is that what you are saying? I have to check into my warranty, i bought my truck used and purchased a third party insurance/ warranty plan and see what they say in the fine print about vehicle modifications

·
Registered
13 Posts
me too

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Updating the list.. Once we have 10 committed buyers the sale will end a few short days afterward.
DON'T MISS YOUR CHANCE TO GET IN ON THIS GREAT DISCOUNT!!!

1.awdturbo4
2.helwood3
3.hunter73
4.AKSilverboost
5.andrew1a331
6.bagged_expo
7.b34tgnu2
8.red93tsi
9.mklm2005

·
Registered
57 Posts
Awdturbo4 im gonna have to get off the list after adrian said that even if you have a catted y-pipe your will still have to get a tuner to get rid of the ses light im not in a position to be getting one of those in addition to the y-pipe at this time.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Awdturbo4 im gonna have to get off the list after adrian said that even if you have a catted y-pipe your will still have to get a tuner to get rid of the ses light im not in a position to be getting one of those in addition to the y-pipe at this time.
Same here... I'm going to have to wait for the same reason.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts