F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered a catted downpipe from Adrian on Monday, and had it delivered by thursday! in the mean time I also had an SCT livewire tuner in the mail with custom maps from 5-star tuning. My buddy came over and helped me install it yesterday. Took 5hrs. hardest part was removing the stock y-pipe and getting to the turbo flange bolts. Overall the install went well and the instructions were spot on. Before I wrapped things up, I installed oem Ford resinator delete pipe. Truck sounds more throaty, but not too load over the stock level. You can definitely hear the turbos spool up more. It's fefinitely do-able in the garage, but it would take half the time doing it on the lift with air tools.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Does sound great. Feel a difference in power?

·
Registered
13,055 Posts
Did you just delete the resonator? Not the funnel 2.5" flex pipe? If you take out the flex. More air flow. less restriction. More power. Just saying.

Sounds great. Sounds like mine.

désolé

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you just delete the resonator? Not the funnel 2.5" flex pipe? If you take out the flex. More air flow. less restriction. More power. Just saying.

Sounds great. Sounds like mine.
I haven't but I may in the future. Thanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hell yea, awesome! I can't wait to get my catless ones on, I bought them on their Black Friday sale so they've been sitting for 8 months...fail. Any hints or tips on installing them??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts