F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Makes a funny noise when it starts up in morning. Like high pitched scream. But only when its cold. Anybody else have this happen?
2011 Eco Screw 28000 miles on it. Never had any trouble this started after last oil change.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Makes a funny noise when it starts up in morning. Like high pitched scream. But only when its cold. Anybody else have this happen?
2011 Eco Screw 28000 miles on it. Never had any trouble this started after last oil change.
marines0811,

Have you been to your dealer to have them take a look? They'll be in the best position to get this diagnosed for you. If you still need a hand after that, let me know!

Ashley

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
marines0811,

Have you been to your dealer to have them take a look? They'll be in the best position to get this diagnosed for you. If you still need a hand after that, let me know!

Ashley
Not yet because it doesnt do all the time so of course if I bring it in it wont do it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not like a belt but like metal fan of something. keep trying to record it in the morning but of coarse it doesnt do it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mine when I start it will rev high to warm up. The higher revs cause the turbos to spool up. Probably just turbo noise bro.

Sent from my iPhone using F150 EcoBoost

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
My old F150 did that, but I would have thought they would have fixed that in the new trucks. It was a pretty well known problem with the belt tension pulley.
Symptoms that I had:
  • Loud high pitch squeal
  • Only lasted a second or two on cold days.
  • Did not occur on warm days.
  • Only happened at first start up of the day.
Pretty much what you described?

This guy shows a quick way to check serpentine belt noise. (Listen about 47 seconds in)

Reactions: Greg B

·
Registered
127 Posts
my 2011 screw with 50km did the same thing for maybe 2 minutes when cold, a lite off/on squeel. One of the pully bearings is the culprit nothing serious just add a small spit of wd40 on the bearings and dont over spray.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts