F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at one today I will admit I’ve never like that long double bar that goes across the current gen f150..I like the grill on my 2014 fx2 , but the 2021 with the lariat sport no chrome option got my attention today..although I will say I like the SXT grill with its open face the best it’s a shame it doesn’t come that way on the higher trim level trucks..
my other bone is that you can’t get a fully loaded scab truck..which means the HO falls in a raptor option only..

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
2,225 Posts
Scab has been available in up to Lariat only for years. HO engine in the Limited and Raptor only.

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
X3 on the headlights, shoot whole front end for that matter.

On my nightly getaway drive last night I stopped by the dealership and looked at a couple, I’m happy I went and looked at them in person.
While the 14th gens are nice with their added gizmos and tech there was really nothing that made me think, oh yes I have to have this truck, which I was half expecting to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,467 Posts
I have the opposite problem. I want one of all of them. Lol

I'm digging the Stripped XL with the full blown Ecoboost/7.2 Kilowatt generator on board. Bet THAT'S one way to get some cargo capacity AND the full blown latest drivetrain.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you like the 2021 then you're probably a GMC guy because that's what they resemble the most. Or maybe you're an older guy who isn't interested in mean-looking trucks and just want to haul a 60 ft mobile home. Nothing wrong with that, but it definitely doesn't scream "Put a lift and 35's on me and and take me off road!" Maybe Morimoto will come up with something that will put the aggression back in its face.

IMO even with the honeycomb grille it looks terrible. I definitely don't regret not waiting.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you like the 2021 then you're probably a GMC guy because that's what they resemble the most. Or maybe you're an older guy who isn't interested in mean-looking trucks and just want to haul a 60 ft mobile home. Nothing wrong with that, but it definitely doesn't scream "Put a lift and 35's on me and and take me off road!" Maybe Morimoto will come up with something that will put the aggression back in its face. View attachment 169770
IMO even with the honeycomb grille it looks terrible. I definitely don't regret not waiting. View attachment 169774
it's funny you say that because my neighbor came home with a brand new 2500 GMC duracrapper and man I love the way it looks, but I'm just not a GM guy

Reactions: looqw

·
Registered
71 Posts
Man just looked at a loaded Lariat 2021, wow! Something to look forward to in 5 years when I retire and it’s time to move on from my XLT that would be sweet!

I really do want adaptive cruise, blind spot detection and LED headlights!

·
Registered
55 Posts
You must be a GMC guy if you like the front end, because they're pretty similar. IMO I wish they gave the front a more aggressive look rather than something that looks like older guys would only ever use to tow their mobile home around with...especially the trucks with the Coyote and ecoboost engines.

Reactions: Boltman760

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wonder who the first person will be on the forum to make themselves known with the 2021. Does anyone have one yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
I like the features but not the look.

My ideal truck styling would be something in the "classy yet aggressive" realm (if that's a thing) but these gens just looks "clumsy bubbly" to me.

·
Premium Member
8,467 Posts
Not happy with the new front look either, but EVERYTHING else about the 2021 is appealing to me. The closer I look the more I realize that it's far more than a "refresh" year.

The downer is the co$t increase is parallel to the new features available at every trim level.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I finally got to see a 2021 yesterday and I agree with the front not being my favorite. But since I won't be in the market for about 6-10 years it really doesn't matter.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I finally got a good look at a new 2021 Lariat and I definitely am glad I didn't wait and got my 2020. The interior is beautiful but its got a face only its mother could love.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I agree with above. I like the old school look of the squared off front end. Just looks more like a truck to me. That's why I didnt like the look of the new rangers. As they round off the front end more and more it just stops looking agressive to me. Not a fan of the new look.

·
Premium Member
8,467 Posts
As stated earlier, not a fan of the front look, BUT if I were to go to the dealership today and have a 2020 XLT 302A and a 2021 XLT 302A both sitting out front with the keys ready for me to leave in, I'd simply admit to myself that I'm IN THE TRUCK 100% of the time while traveling down the road.

That homely face is a burden for everyone else.

Probably helps that I haven't ever been a looker myself. Thankfully my mom loved me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a feeling it will grow on me. I'll need to see one with flares and a lift to know for sure.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,467 Posts
It's a technically better headlight. So there's that.

But it's like buying a pair of quality sungla$$es that just don't look as good in the mirror as your favorite cheap sunglasses do.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts