F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm new to the forums, and a very proud owner of a 2011 XLT EcoB 4x4.

I got a great deal on my truck, and have grown very attached to it. My plans for the truck are Long travel suspension and a few performance mods.

Recently been thinking of the manual shift option on these trucks but my truck wasn't equipped with it. Is the upgrade doable, and has anyone even attempted this yet?

Thanx :)

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
The manual from the 11+ mustang should mate up to our eco's but you're looking a lot of work. Plus, I would imagine trying to get the tuning to forget about the auto trans (tc, sc, trans sensors) would be a major B*&$%.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was referring to the manual shift option that comes with the trucks.

Where you can select "M" (manual) on the shiffter and allows the use of the plus and negative buttons to shift between the gears

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I was referring to the manual shift option that comes with the trucks.

Where you can select "M" (manual) on the shiffter and allows the use of the plus and negative buttons to shift between the gears
OHHHHHH, lol. Check out SDHQ.com. They sell a paddle shifter setup that's compatible with our transmission, but it's pricey.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah iv'e seen that setup at their shop. Would i still need to swap out the console gear selector? Mine shows P R N D 3 2 1, where as the manual shift option shows P R N D M 2 1.

I think those paddle shifters are a little over the top. Seen that shop in person, the EcoB raptor is sweeeettttaaa!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another question would be, will the ECU automatically recognize the new cluster gear select and manual shifter?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Another question would be, will the ECU automatically recognize the new cluster gear select and manual shifter?
That's a question I can't honestly answer, but if you change out the tranny controller, cluster, and center console you'd have the exact same set up as the rest of us. It should work, but I haven't seen it done.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Did they not offer the manuel option in the first 11's? I have an 11 xlt eco and it has the manuel option.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Did they not offer the manuel option in the first 11's? I have an 11 xlt eco and it has the manuel option.

Are you talking stick shift or that almost useless button on your automatic shifter. I use it to hold 4th coming down hills. That's about it. Would/could never shift with that button

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Are you talking stick shift or that almost useless button on your automatic shifter. I use it to hold 4th coming down hills. That's about it. Would/could never shift with that button
I use it a lot when towing and off-road. It comes in handy when you need to hold the lower gears.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
hold yes. But

A. I think this person thinks they have a stick shift in their truck.

B. the original asker wants to put a stick shift in their truck.

C. I don't believe anyone actually puts it in "M" & drives that way.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
hold yes. But A. I think this person thinks they have a stick shift in their truck. B. the original asker wants to put a stick shift in their truck. C. I don't believe anyone actually puts it in "M" & drives that way.
OP has an auto, wants the manual feature of the auto.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Yup. I re read. MY BAD FOLKS. Sorry. Please don't judge.
Judged. Hehe. I thought an actual manual at first glance, too.

FF I am interested to see what you find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
hold yes. But

A. I think this person thinks they have a stick shift in their truck.

B. the original asker wants to put a stick shift in their truck.

C. I don't believe anyone actually puts it in "M" & drives that way.
If II could've gotten a manual, believe me I would have. The majority of my trucks have been manual, but I'm a huge fan of the set up in my Ford. But, I think a slap style shifter would've been more fun than a plus or minus button.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Reactions: 2Canches

·
Registered
672 Posts
I love my useless +/- button. I don't use the manuel option much but I do use it in auto. When I'm towing through the hills I'll erase 5th and 6th gear off the gauge cluster and it won't shift out of 4th. If I can use 5th I'll hit the + button and add it it back.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts