F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
It does look like the MAP/IAT sensor that I transferred to my Banks CAI. So it's probably JUST the name from the Website. I did notice they had two parts for 2013s ... same part number but one isn't called Mass Air Flow.
Yeah I know, which isn't helping haha!! Well it's the same thing for my 2014. They are the same EXACT part # though. One called MAF, and the other is just called "sensor". I'm assuming they're the same thing.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
It could simply be someone at the Supplier never updated the name of the sensor from the 2011s (but Part# is correct).

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Kind of an old thread but also cleaned mine on a 2012 recently....97,000 miles....can't say if they have been cleaned or replaced before. Only had it since 96,000 miles. Going through maintenance top to bottom. Sensor for CAI was very clean and sensor bulb was white. The pre/post TB sensors had some oil and were dirty looking. Pre after cleaning could see some white of the bulb with brown staining. Didn't look there was any build up or scaling. Post sensor definately was dark and brown. Again didn't look like there was any big build up on it after cleaning. Did not notice any change in performance. No codes...just maintenance...didn't have any issues to begin with. CRC MAF Cleaner. CCan put on truck after I bought it.

Correction: Bought with 94,600 miles.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yes definitely was just preventive maintenance on my part saw this thread a long time ago and wanted to do it. I guess I should also add 50000+ miles no catch can, SCT tuner with 93 octane tune always running 93 octane for the past year got the truck with 24000 miles

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
Did you go back and check all connections and Check again?

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
One way to check the MAP in the manifold is to turn your key to on, but don’t start. If it’s reading the proper ambient pressure for your altitude, it’s probably ok.

These sensors look a lot like the Bosch diesel sensors. The one on my Jeep was reading 89kpa with the engine off, so I replaced the sensor and was getting 80kpa like I was supposed to for my altitude.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Truck has 46k miles on it now. Anyone here pull the MAP sensor located on top of the intake plenum and clean it with throttle body cleaner? Any improvements?

Thanks in advance!
I used MAF cleaner on my MAP as well as the two MAF upstream. The MAP was way dirtier then the others.

New plugs @ .30, spark skirts and MAF/MAP cleaning did nothing to solve my shaky idle issues. I think I have a scope and de-carbonizing via walnuts in my future!

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Is the shakey idle hurting your mpg? Seeing poor misfire performance?

How often do you sit at idle seriously?

Not worth the money.

·
Registered
152 Posts
This is the most recently replied to thread that may pertain to my issue so I will ask here.

truck was fine this morning, sat at work all day, about 85 degrees out. Turned truck on after work and got the p012d code for the boost sensor. Had the code cleared and it hasn't come back on but have only driven about 10 miles after it was cleared. Anyone else ever have similar issues? I bought a can of MAF cleaner and plan to clean the sensors anyway, but wondering if this might come back? FWIW, 2013 EB, 79k miles.

I also read the service bulletin pertaining to this issue. Should the boost sensor and pigtail be

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
I had the same code come on and since cleaning my sensors it's never came back. Probably 5,000 miles or so ago.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just cleaned all three, downstream MAF and MAP were both oily, not sure how bad, bad is. Both MAFs have a silver element, but the MAP is either fouled or has a brown coating on the element. Anyone seen a new one so I can tell? Just a couple of codes and an over oiled CAI filter led me to this cleaning. TIA!

·
Administrator
7,836 Posts
Just cleaned all three, downstream MAF and MAP were both oily, not sure how bad, bad is. Both MAFs have a silver element, but the MAP is either fouled or has a brown coating on the element. Anyone seen a new one so I can tell? Just a couple of codes and an over oiled CAI filter led me to this cleaning. TIA!
The MAP sensors all have a brown tint to them. What did you clean them with?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a 2012 I keeps throwing code P0104 and code P0446. I have cleaned all three sensors and it goes away for awhile and then comes back any ideas of what else to check?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Turns out my codes (all misfire related) were worn plugs. Kept getting worse even after the sensor cleaning and specifically under boost. New plugs in, old plugs measured .045+, problem solved.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts