F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
725 Posts
Nice work Matt!! How quick does that tent go up?

Let us know if you feel the need to do any re-gifting…

· Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
725 Posts
Impressed with your rate of progress and tenacity. Excited for you man! Can’t wait to see where this goes.

· Registered
725 Posts
The loss of low end is my reservation on bigger turbos. But I’m glad you made the distinction between “turbo lag” and availability of torque.

I’m fine moving the torque curve up in the range a bit as long as it’s linear.

What I don’t want is a WRX-style turbo on/off switch via throttle.

· Registered
725 Posts
Matt do you have any insights on changes to mpg yet? Obviously not the top concern in a turbo swap, but I’ve been rather curious of the impact?

· Registered
725 Posts
What is the lag like?

Relative to stock?
To Stage 2’s?

· Registered
725 Posts
The stage4s might be slightly more lag than the stage 2s but I honestly can’t even tell. They seem to almost have better low end flow than the stage 2s.
I was suspecting that… that any upgrade carries similar concessions on spool time, so go big.

I’d like to simply upgrade my Gen 1 turbos to similar compressor / turbine sizes as the 2018+ 3.5’s. My theory is that size has Ben deemed to have little lag on that gen but plenty of headroom, so same should be true on my gen 1 if I can meet fueling demands through purely direct injection.

· Registered
725 Posts
You guys aren't experiencing Turbo lag.
I mean I guess you are "technically"

I'm old. Turbo lag was a real thing.

The Ecoboost doesn't have it. I'm just saying. :)
In my high school years we had Mitsubishi Eclipses (Eagle Talons), Nissan 300z Turbos, and Subaru WRX’s were just coming onto the scene.

I was lucky enough to have friends with each and let me drive them.

Yup, THAT was turbo lag. But the lag is what made it comically exciting as a kid!!

Nothing…. Nothing…. Nothing…
Whoa….. too much… TOO MUCH!!!

· Registered
725 Posts
Man,I miss my 89 conquest TSI and 91 Dodge Stealth Turbo,,,, Lol you brought back some crazy memories, Then I ended up with a Grand National....... thought I was IT ,,,,,,, MAN THE CAR THAT GOT AWAY..... I should have never sold that car......
Ahh, the Dodge Stealth….

Thought that was about the coolest thing on 4 wheels in my newly-licensed days. Never got to drive one, but always felt it was so much better looking than the Mitsubishi 3000GT, and when I saw one it felt like the owners were in on a secret.

Still a bucket list car, but they say don’t meet your heroes.

· Registered
725 Posts
My friend Chandler hooks up a wire going across the dashboard and out the passenger window to the battery in order to run the dash electronics.
^^ Red flag #1 that Chandler may not be taking optimal care of said vehicle!! Hahaha

Funny story, though I admit I’d have probably also still gotten in the car at that stage in my formative years.

· Registered
725 Posts
Looks awesome Matt!!

What say you on the quality of the door handles?
A match for the originals?

I have too much chrome to get rid of, but I’d like to do the handles. They stand out like warts.

· Registered
725 Posts
What is your OAR on our 91?

Mine has been remarkably terrible the last few tanks…. Like 0 to -0.4 at best. Not a great time for tuning. Wondering if there are good ways to boost it without threatening my CATs or O2 sensors?

Like a dash of E85?

· Registered
725 Posts
Remind me…. Is your Gen1 2.7 using mechanical wastegates, or has the 2.7 always used electric?

1-2psi at 2500 rpm seems like the issue, even with larger turbskies.

While the tune peaks at the power you want, could Unleashed be protecting the bottom end, perhaps overly so?

I’ve noticed the BoostKing bottom end feels way softer than my canned Edge Tunes, which allowed me to fully disable torque management. Id swear sometimes BK bottom end may even be softer than stock. But up top…. We’ll now it has some, where it just didn’t before.

· Registered
725 Posts
Impressive no matter which way you slice it!

Now you’ve got a baseline you can compare against if you make additional changes.

And we know who we’re dealing with here, so it will most definitely come in handy!

The idea of vastly exceeding tire speed ratings on a wheel dyno always made me nervous anyway. Hub dyno seems to eliminate 1 safety issue while also being more portable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
725 Posts
Welcome to the Jungle!

More Corn Juice available here:
34 Centennial Blvd, Highlands Ranch, CO 80126

1 - 20 of 30 Posts