F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
541 - 560 of 787 Posts

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #541 ·
I think the answer might be to keep that hotrod 2.7 and find a used body with an engine/drivetrain that needs work and build it like you want. 2014 3.5 EB 2wd lowered. Beefed up 6r80. 4.10 rear. Run around slaughtering 5.7 'hemis' and 6.2 chebbies.
Best idea yet. I could even find one without an engine, or a blown engine and I could put a 2018 3.5 motor in it and a 10 r80 and just build it up from there.
I love that idea, and yes it would definitely be lowered, but this idea won’t come for a few years probably.

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #542 ·
I’m about to place an order for a custom tune from ZFG… Im just a tad worried because it’s a lot of money and I’m not sure I would like his tune or not… it’s kind of a gamble.

· Registered
3,480 Posts
I think the answer might be to keep that hotrod 2.7 and find a used body with an engine/drivetrain that needs work and build it like you want. 2014 3.5 EB 2wd lowered. Beefed up 6r80. 4.10 rear. Run around slaughtering 5.7 'hemis' and 6.2 chebbies.
I would love a well tuned E50 bas 2wd shortbed with traction bars, IC, Pipes and let it eat

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #544 ·
Did another 0-60 last night with a new tune from Unleashed.
0-60 in 5.08 seconds
0-30 in 1.84 seconds
Not too bad, I really want a sub 5 second run though!

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #546 ·

· Registered
3,480 Posts
0-60 in 5.08 seconds
0-30 in 1.84 seconds
Get your butt back out there,,,, lower your tire PSI, a lot less fuel in the tank and pick up that ,08,,,,,,,, And don't come back until you do!!! Lol

But I would go with less fuel the better approach and lower the tire pressure to stop some of that wheel spin and pick up some precious time on your quest to sub 5....

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #550 ·
Get your butt back out there,,,, lower your tire PSI, a lot less fuel in the tank and pick up that ,08,,,,,,,, And don't come back until you do!!! Lol

But I would go with less fuel the better approach and lower the tire pressure to stop some of that wheel spin and pick up some precious time on your quest to sub 5....
Yes sir!!!
Haha, I will definitely lower the tire pressure, spray the intercooler with water, and wait till my gas tank is a little less full. Then I will see what I can get dang it! 5.08 is really darn close! Come on man!!

· Registered
3,480 Posts
Yes sir!!!
Haha, I will definitely lower the tire pressure, spray the intercooler with water, and wait till my gas tank is a little less full. Then I will see what I can get dang it! 5.08 is really darn close! Come on man!!

Lol, i would be out there right now if it were me......

· Registered
2018 F150 SCAB, 4x4, 2.7
53 Posts
0-60 in 5.08 seconds
0-30 in 1.84 seconds
Our 0-60 is so close. My best 0-60 so far is 5.06.
That's on full e85.
I've seen some people post videos on Facebook with a e30 or e50 tune running low to mid 4s.
Not sure what 2.7's typically get but feel mine should have way more in it.

· Registered
3,480 Posts

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #555 ·
Our 0-60 is so close. My best 0-60 so far is 5.06.
That's on full e85.
I've seen some people post videos on Facebook with a e30 or e50 tune running low to mid 4s.
Not sure what 2.7's typically get but feel mine should have way more in it.
Wow. Well, just a plain tuned 2.7 by 5star did 0-60 in 4.8 seconds at a drag strip

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #558 ·
My wheels (84 pounds per corner) might be killing me plus a retrax tonneau cover that probably weighs 100 pounds.
My wheels and tires weight exactly 80 lbs a pop as well.

Reactions: TimW1968

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #559 ·
Ok, so I had a bit of time and was talking to @SrpRacing the other day and he got a message back from the ford engineers in regards to the swirlers. I don’t know if he wants to share the info here on a new thread or not, so I won’t say what the engineer said, but basically I immediately threw the stock inlet tubes back on and the swirlers to record some data.
And while I was at it took a look at both compressor wheels to see how the stage 4s are doin. Looking pretty good.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Rim Vehicle brake
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light Product Automotive design

After throwing the swirlers back in and stock inlet tubes I thought I’d gain some throttle response, but not overly. Maybe a tad. I did notice a bit more low end torque, and the turbos were quieter which I did not like. The reason they were quieter I believe is because they were more efficient and I noticed more surge at lower shaft speeds because I think throttle was sensing more air than requested and so it was closing more, causing more surge.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas

After running them I just wasn’t impressed with my loss of turbo sound, (wasn’t too bad, I could still hear them pretty well, just not as much as I was) so I removed them. However, I figured out a way to put the swirlers into the AMs tubes and am headed out right now to try them out.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Hood Gas

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

541 - 560 of 787 Posts