F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
721 - 740 of 795 Posts

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #722 ·
Your redline got bumped up a decent amount right?
So I'm going with 550 whp / 550 wtq
Redline? He’s keeping rpm at no higher than 6100. It shifts at 6000 in first gear, 6100 in 2nd. When I asked him why we can’t run it at 6500, he said he was trying to keep everything together.

We ran it once at 6500 and it made 62 lb/min and I’m pretty sure that was 600 to the wheels. It pulled really hard, like I’ve never felt it do before at 90mph and over.

Reactions: rjschatts

· Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
724 Posts
Ahh gotcha, I must've mis-remembered or missed the part where redline came back down.

6,500 must've been nuts!

· Registered
3,485 Posts
I am going 540/550tq, but you are at elevation........ so it is really hard to guess Maybe lower the HP to 515 but the tq should be there to 550... given you times, you are going to be happy!

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #725 ·
I am going 540/550tq, but you are at elevation........ so it is really hard to guess Maybe lower the HP to 515 but the tq should be there to 550... given you times, you are going to be happy!
Yeah that’s reasonable. I still am going with 480. Don’t want to be disappointed. I know for a fact at high elevation I was getting 450-460 at the wheels. I’ve gained 80 horsepower over that now.

· Registered
3,485 Posts
No matter what the n u m b e r is, you got that truck scootin!
Yup I wouldn't care if it was 330hp, the truck times a 100% respectable!!!!!

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #728 ·
Ran again this evening. Dropped 150lbs, the back seats, winch for spare tire and all my tools. If I had had a better launch, it would have been a 12.27
Product Azure Rectangle Font Parallel

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #729 ·
Another 4.11 with a crappy launch.

Also, look out! Dyno day is tomorrow at 5pm!
Azure Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

· Moderstrator
3,054 Posts
Dyno day is tomorrow at 5pm!
Best of success tomorrow; I truly hope you’re surprised vs. disappointed. Although how your truck could disappoint you is a mystery.
Have fun and we eagerly await the results.

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #731 ·
Best of success tomorrow; I truly hope you’re surprised vs. disappointed. Although how your truck could disappoint you is a mystery.
Have fun and we eagerly await the results.
I don’t think it will disappoint, because no matter the numbers, it is extremely fast.

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #734 ·
I’m trying to figure out how to launch harder. I’ve seen some guys on the street getting 1.74 60’ times and 1.3 second 0-30 times. If I could do that I’d run high 3.8 0-60 and my 1/4 would be like 12.1

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #735 ·
Launched a bit harder tonight. If I can launch even harder I’m quite positive I’ll get a 3.9
Product Azure Rectangle Font Parallel

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #736 ·
Alright guys so here’s the dyno debacle.

So far I’ve not had good experiences on dynos

First time was when in the mountains down south you guys probably remember, and it made 513hp and 455tq at the hubs. What was so dumb about that is tq was way off. And it left me having to guess what power was at the wheels. And that guess was like 450hp ish

Today, I jumped on a Dyno Jet roller dyno

Before I put the dyno numbers up, I just want to clarify….

It spun the tires on the dyno. If you watch the video carefully you’ll see when he lets off the gas, the truck shifts sideways on the roller. I don’t think they had it strapped down very well.

It made 450hp and 468tq uncorrected which means that’s my horsepower to the road.

But something doesn’t add up. How do I have the same power I had in the mountains? And mainly, there’s no way in heck, a 5200lb truck is running the times I’ve ran with only 450hp

It spun the tires so bad it lost 100hp or so.

After talking with @TOWMA8R and his dyno tuning buddy we calculated the truck has about 560hp give or take.

Right where I’ve drawn the pink line looks bizzare to me. Looks like it was spinning. Why would torque dip back down and power looks weird too.
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

Heres the corrected power and torque. This is more like what I actually have at this elevation at the tires right now.
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

Not sure if I want to go back and dyno it again, but I think it’s very safe to say I’ve got a 550ish Hp 2.7

· Registered
124 Posts
Hard to tell, you’re not running stock turbos so the power curve is going to be completely different than a stock turbo truck. It looks like the power climbs all the way to redline, their dyno might not be calibrated super well, or maybe your ecu went into some sort of limp mode. Either way it runs the times that it does, so it’s definitely making good power. 450whp is still a lot

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #738 ·
Hard to tell, you’re not running stock turbos so the power curve is going to be completely different than a stock turbo truck. It looks like the power climbs all the way to redline, their dyno might not be calibrated super well, or maybe your ecu went into some sort of limp mode. Either way it runs the times that it does, so it’s definitely making good power. 450whp is still a lot
It’s making well over 500 at the tires. Running the times I run is impossible with 450hp

Reactions: Upshifter

· Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
15,249 Posts
Get 10 cowboys together, each with their favorite horse. Each will expand upon how amazing theirs is IN THE SADDLE.

Nobody mentions or has ever measured their power. (yea, that'd be 1, despite as different as they can be)

Dragy is IN THE SADDLE
Dyno is........ Well, for the tuner? Not the cowboy.

· Moderstrator
4,863 Posts
@boostkingMatt, we've talked about this before but at the end of the day, HP/Torque numbers on a printout don't matter. Fast cars and trucks are measured by the numbers used to measure a given distance from A to B and hopefully with someone behind you watching you obtain those numbers.

I know that you understand this but I've seen guys guess at what their vehicle might achieve, this much HP or that much torque, all kinds of formulas and speculation. I've seen them spend a lot of Dyno time and money trying to prove those numbers. These are smart people that I really respect. They never did see a printout with the numbers they hoped to see and their cars were so dang fast. That's all that matters, you walking the vehicle lined up next to you.

I wouldn't waste another thought on what the Dyno says. Spend those next Dyno $$$'s on a lightweight set of wheels or drag slicks, maybe traction bars. These things will help you win races.

Dyno goals can be hard to hit and even more difficult to duplicate. :whistle:

721 - 740 of 795 Posts