F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
761 - 780 of 795 Posts

· Registered
867 Posts
My best 60’ was 1.81
it’s not just the trac bars/brace that differs between our trucks.. so it’s not fair to draw any conclusions on them with the info we have. When there isn’t a layer of ice/snow on every road I can run on, I’ll do pulls with and without.

you know i need to lose some weight too..

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #762 ·
it’s not just the trac bars/brace that differs between our trucks.. so it’s not fair to draw any conclusions on them with the info we have. When there isn’t a layer of ice/snow on every road I can run on, I’ll do pulls with and without.

you know i need to lose some weight too..
You’re right. I’m curious to see your results. If you’re 60’ is better once you lose some weight I may just get some.

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #765 ·
and for those not in the know, we’re talking about my fiberglass camper shell.
And the spare tire. 😂😂😂😂😂 oh gosh that’s funny, and not in a “make fun of you way” it was truly a pun not intended. Hahaha

· Registered
3,485 Posts
I’ve got the front diff brace and the traction bars. My best 60’ is 1.86

i can do some comparison with/without when the snow melts. That’s usually late april though
I think my front diff brace really helped the front shake, sometime this summer I will get some sort of traction device for the rear

· Registered
738 Posts
I think my front diff brace really helped the front shake, sometime this summer I will get some sort of traction device for the rear
Can you post a link to the brace you bought?

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

Reactions: boostkingMatt

· Registered
867 Posts
Can you post a link to the brace you bought?

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

easy install, but you have to lose the shielding under your steering rack/front diff

· Premium Member
5,244 Posts

easy install, but you have to lose the shielding under your steering rack/front diff
I think @snakebitten just trimmed out his skid an put it back in place when his was installed in his '18.

· Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
15,249 Posts
Yes, I had a "slot" cut into the shield to accommodate. I'm not really a Boost launch kinda guy. More of a let's Rolllllll into 18psi nirvana. :)
Never the less, I felt better knowing that front differential had some help transferring that torque with good geometry, if you know what I mean.

· Registered
867 Posts
Yes, I had a "slot" cut into the shield to accommodate. I'm not really a Boost launch kinda guy. More of a let's Rolllllll into 18psi nirvana. :)
Never the less, I felt better knowing that front differential had some help transferring that torque with good geometry, if you know what I mean.
you got a pic of your handiwork?

· Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Ummmm, that's 1 KingRanch and 1 Platinum ago.
I do miss it though. My "bucket list" truck.
And the one that brought me to this forum.

I have a build thread here. 2 of them, in fact. One for the drivetrain and one for the sound system.

· Registered
867 Posts
I believe you posted a pic of it in the build thread.
fine, ill search
Ummmm, that's 1 KingRanch and 1 Platinum ago.
I do miss it though. My "bucket list" truck.
And the one that brought me to this forum.

I have a build thread here. 2 of them, in fact. One for the drivetrain and one for the sound system.

i am useless like usual and cannot find the drivetrain build thread. Got a link.. or at least a thread title?

· Moderstrator
3,054 Posts
Here is Snake's Build Thread: Snakebitten's 2018 King Ranch Build!! | F150 Ecoboost Forum
I've read through this before - I recommend it to anyone - but I do not recall anything related to the slotting of the skid plates.

Here is Snake's Audio build thread: Snake Tunes | F150 Ecoboost Forum

Edit - somewhere around page 82(?) they talk about the VAS differential brace in @Blown F-150 thread - which I also recommend everyone read through.
2014 FX4...Slowly making progress | F150 Ecoboost Forum

· Registered
867 Posts

· Registered
867 Posts
That's because I try not to START anything around here.
I'm just guilty of jump in to almost everything. :)
so.. scrolling through all 17 pages twice. I see no mention of the vas brace let alone images of it. I’ll just have to take your word for it. I see no way to keep the cloth shield, so it must be the metal skid thingy that you notched?

· Premium Member
15,249 Posts
so.. scrolling through all 17 pages twice. I see no mention of the vas brace let alone images of it. I’ll just have to take your word for it. I see no way to keep the cloth shield, so it must be the metal skid thingy that you notched?

Pics with the attachment point clarified so that it makes sense what Axis the brace addresses.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design Hood

Font Bicycle part Cylinder Auto part Electric blue

· Premium Member
15,249 Posts
You can also see what portion of the brace is below the skid plate plane, and then imagine the necessary slot required.

761 - 780 of 795 Posts