F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 10 of 11 Posts

·
Moderstrator
4,517 Posts
Road grime is next level!...
My eyes... my eyes... I'm blind! I'm sure that's a movie line somewhere. :cool:

Yeah, that's not the one I'm thinking of but it's close.

·
Moderstrator
4,517 Posts
@GearHead_1 - from your paint finish and detailing background - have you seen this and is this yellowing in the clear coat or paint? Do you know if a mild polish can take it away?
I've absolutely seen the reverse of this where outside of the sticker fades/discolors with age. That said, I have no doubt that whatever adhesive might have been used on the decal could potentially discolor paint but I've never had to deal with it. I'd start with the least aggressive compound or a paint cleaner and pad in my cabinet on a polisher and see what that did. You'll soon know if it stayed in or on the top part of the clear. My gut says that might be on the paint rather than in the paint.

·
Moderstrator
4,517 Posts
I responded in the other thread where you mentioned this but I think a belt is a relatively inexpensive thing to try in a situation like this. Not that anyone's asking but, Goodyear Gatorback belts have always been a favorite of mine.

·
Moderstrator
4,517 Posts
Apparently they are the most accurate readings. There’s none of the tire slippage, and stuff. All that inertial stuff I don’t understand. But a Hub dyno is the best.
Please don't take this post the wrong way, I mean no offense. Hub dyno is best? Most accurate with respect to what? You may pick up 30 or 40 horsepower on a hub dyno compared to a roller dyno, you may then pick up another 30 to 40 horsepower with just an engine dyno compared to a hub dyno. So what's the point of reference? Is the point of reference HP to the ground? Of course not in this example.

It's like saying an engine dyno > hub dyno > roller dyno. 400 HP on a roller dyno does not equal 400 HP on a hub dyno. It takes/wastes real HP to get transmissions, differentials, wheels, and tires spinning. The numbers will, of course, be lower on a roller dyno than on a hub dyno. There are pretty significant differences from one dyno manufacturer to the next.

None of these numbers mean much of anything when compared to the other type of dyno. These numbers are most important in how they compare to the same piece of equipment on the same dyno from one run to the next. Just sayin...

·
Moderstrator
4,517 Posts
Have seen that vid. This dyno may or may not make your number more repeatable. In theory, it should lessen the variables in the equation but taming the variables is what you are doing when strapping it down too. Tires that are strapped to a roller produce numbers that are also repeatable.

It isn't about the number, but the number from one run or one adjustment to the next regardless of which dyno you're using. If all it was about was the numbers, then the question to you is this, would you rather have 600 HP at the roller or 600 at the hub? I'm not questioning your numbers here they are what they are.

·
Moderstrator
4,517 Posts
You don't seem like the kinda guy that wants a number just for bragging. Now put it back on a month from now, on a hotter day or with a different fuel, refine your tune and see what you will. It's good for your vehicle to have a frame of reference. It doesn't mean anything to the guy that was on a roller dyno and turned the same numbers as you do. If he does, and all else being equal, you need to be the better pilot.

1 - 10 of 11 Posts