F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4

Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
Here鈥檚 a little update.

I went back to the stock tune today.
That being said, I am always surprised at how nice the stock tune actually drives. Not a lot of horsepower but the torque is actually quite impressive.

I logged a WOT run and then pulled up a bone stock log I did a while ago to compare.

Here鈥檚 a bone stock WOT log. I have boost, airflow, rpm, and turbo wastegate percentage on this graph. Again, this is with stock turbos and stock tune. Made around 29lb/min View attachment 178148

Here鈥檚 a WOT log with the stage 2 turbos, on the stock tune. It鈥檚 hard to tell, but it鈥檚 running slightly less boost, and at the high rpm, it does not drop off like the stock turbos do. Running about the same wastegate percentage. In fact, the wastegate percentage almost matches the other graphs wastegate percentage perfectly
View attachment 178149

Just having fun while I anxiously await the stage 4 turbos!

Also ordered a 鈥渂ig turbo鈥 tune from Unleashed tuning.
interesting! No concerns running the stock tune on the stage 2s? Obviously the power will be stock, but drivability is normal? I鈥檇 love to have that as an option, but did not think it鈥檇 run like that.

Did you send your stock turbos in to be upgraded to stage 4?

Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
Magnaflow 12579

I think you'd be happy with the vibrant resonator and that muffler. Get rid of the second muffler..

That would be pretty comparable to my previous set up before I added the second resonator (I laugh every time I say that.. it's a wonky solution.)
I was happy with the sound I had with just the one resonator, no crazy rasp. I wanted more because when towing I'm spending long periods of time at 2500-3000rpm and it was just too much sound to have constantly.

The muffler you're getting should be quieter than the one that I have with my SPD catback.

BTW, these are the clamps I've been using. Much nicer than anything else I've tried: Summit Racing SUM-681300 Summit Racing鈩 Lap Joint Band Clamps | Summit Racing

I put some copper RTV on the joint then slide these on. No leaks since I started doing that, and they don't deform the pipes.

Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
Also, I ordered some white door handle covers, time to cover up the last bit of chrome.

What do you guys think, should I get white mirror caps or keep them black like they are?
Whatever you like! I've stuck with the silver/black on my truck.. not worried too much about body color matching everything. The last chrome I have is the fender badges, and I have something on the way for that!

Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
That's how I painted my tip too. Wet sanded with a bunch of different grits till the finish was smooth and consistent, then sprayed and let it dry. I sanded between coats too, but I had time on my hands.

Pics of the emblems without the masking?

Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
1 - 20 of 41 Posts