F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
301 - 320 of 393 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
13,057 Posts
I have always like that wheel as one of the nicest oem wheels. Especially if the accent color matches the truck in any way.

I think you should either black it out or white it out to match your theme. :)

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
I have always like that wheel as one of the nicest oem wheels. Especially if the accent color matches the truck in any way.

I think you should either black it out or white it out to match your theme. :)
You’re saying, do black wheels or ….white wheels? No white wheels for me haha. I like the black ones… but this deal I found is really good.

And I do happen to like them even though they have a little chrome on them. To me it feels like the chrome on the wheel isn’t really chrome, more of an aluminum color. I would want some wheel spacers with those though, to give it about a half inch to an inch of poke.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
13,057 Posts
I meant the painted portion of the wheel

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hubcap

They are probably already great looking based on the picture

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
Do you guys think those wheels would look ok on the truck since I have the black and white theme going on? @Boatwaco the color scheme king, what do you think?
I think the proposed grey wheels will look just OK. The inner black sections will tie into the black accents on your truck very nicely.
But - in my opinion compared ti your current black wheels you will most likely think that these will look almost chrome in contrast. You’ll get accustomed to them but may visually think they are too much like chrome wheels at first. It’s just an adjustment in your minds eye.
One of the things I liked most about my truck when I was shopping around was the black wheels tying into the overall accents. My wheels are called “Tarnished dark”.
Maybe look for wheels that are darker?
Just my opinion- I could be wrong.

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel Car

• Love
Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 ·
I think the proposed grey wheels will look just OK. The inner black sections will tie into the black accents on your truck very nicely.
But - in my opinion compared ti your current black wheels you will most likely think that these will look almost chrome in contrast. You’ll get accustomed to them but may visually think they are too much like chrome wheels at first. It’s just an adjustment in your minds eye.
One of the things I liked most about my truck when I was shopping around was the black wheels tying into the overall accents. My wheels are called “Tarnished dark”.
Maybe look for wheels that are darker?
Just my opinion- I could be wrong.

View attachment 179537
I think you might be right. I guess I’ll just wait and see. Maybe I’ll just keep what I have I don’t know. I really would like some 20” wheels though.

Any ideas? I guess I’m mainly aiming for a lighter wheel/tire combo, but still be able to navigate the crazy snow we get.

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
Keep looking. Wheel deals pop up all the time on FB marketplace and eBay. Also, if you have a local or not too far away truck customizing shop that sells truck loads of wheels, tell them what you’re looking for and see if they can connect you with any customers replacing their wheels. May people have no room to store 4 wheels and might be happy to offset their after market wheel cost with selling you their old set.

·
Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
347 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
I still have my chrome chrome 18” oem wheels… in the backyard. Probably should sell those so I don’t end up with 3 sets of wheels lol

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #310 ·
Well, I got bored and took off the black sicker I had on the tailgate I honestly like it without it… thankfully it was inexpensive. It was like showing little first scratches all over it and just decided to rip it off. It left almost a yellowish tint on the paint, wonder how I will get that off?
Wheel Tire Car Plant Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Wheel Automotive side-view mirror

Reactions: SrpRacing

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
That looks really nice. I didn’t realize it was a sticker! Is that yellowing tacky at all, like glue residue?

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #312 ·
That looks really nice. I didn’t realize it was a sticker! Is that yellowing tacky at all, like glue residue?
Thanks. Yeah it was a special sticker from American trucks by SEC10 decals. No it’s not tacky, just kinda like discolored the paint.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #314 ·

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
Thanks. Yeah it was a special sticker from American trucks by SEC10 decals. No it’s not tacky, just kinda like discolored the paint.
@GearHead_1 - from your paint finish and detailing background - have you seen this and is this yellowing in the clear coat or paint? Do you know if a mild polish can take it away?

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 ·
@GearHead_1 - from your paint finish and detailing background - have you seen this and is this yellowing in the clear coat or paint? Do you know if a mild polish can take it away?
Looking at it, it’s definitely a slightly different color but I can’t tell if it’s natural

·
Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
347 Posts
I liked the sticker 😕 maybe I should get one.
Just got done with work, I’ll get my son to bed then fire up GIMP.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #318 ·
I liked the sticker 😕 maybe I should get one.
Just got done with work, I’ll get my son to bed then fire up GIMP.
Awww man I’m sorry, it just felt cheesy to me I guess.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #319 ·
Just sent for a test kit from Blackstone.

·
Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
347 Posts
Awww man I’m sorry, it just felt cheesy to me I guess.
The rule is.. your truck, do what looks good to you!

This was really quick and dirty, you're getting what you paid for!

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Land vehicle

301 - 320 of 393 Posts