F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
341 - 360 of 391 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Nobody cares about headlights around here and it is so frustrating to be completely blinded by oncoming traffic (mostly pickups) several times on a short 20 mile drive at night.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #342 ·
Nobody cares about headlights around here and it is so frustrating to be completely blinded by oncoming traffic (mostly pickups) several times on a short 20 mile drive at night.
Yeah, I never complain about peoples headlights, cuz I know what mine are like.

We have butt tons of deer and elk, and I love being able to see off the road even, so I don’t hit them.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Lots of whitetail killed on roads here. Can be deadly for people if the sharp hooves or antlers enter the vehicle. I understand the need for bright wide lights but they can be bright and wide beamed without shining in oncoming windshields.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·
Lots of whitetail killed on roads here. Can be deadly for people if the sharp hooves or antlers enter the vehicle. I understand the need for bright wide lights but they can be bright and wide beamed without shining in oncoming windshields.
Agreed. I think after lowering my truck it’s not as blinding.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #345 ·
Well… the tires rub on the crash bars.

• Sad
Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·
@mass-hole Did your tires rub on the crash bars? Mine are rubbing on the rear crash bar. I wonder if I can bend it over a little? What would you do? I like the way the truck sits now, so I don’t want to put the spacer back in.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
@mass-hole Did your tires rub on the crash bars? Mine are rubbing on the rear crash bar. I wonder if I can bend it over a little? What would you do? I like the way the truck sits now, so I don’t want to put the spacer back in.
I dont have crash bars on mine. Those didnt happen until 2015.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #348 ·
  • Wow

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Some do.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #350 ·

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #351 ·
Just got word back from Brett aka BoostKing. We are going to gradually and slowly push the truck further. He thinks there’s plenty more in the turbos, but thinks we’ll be limited at some point by knock due to my 91 fuel. The second he sees anything concerning we will back off.

Currently the truck sits at 42 lb/min with 14-16 psi all the way from the hit to redline. It feels stout. I have a new respect for how a 500whp f150 would feel.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #352 ·
Yay! That was the last bit of chrome on the whole truck, except the interior, but I like it on the interior. Thanks a lot @Boatwaco
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tire White Hood

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive tire Hood Light

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Looking goooooood!

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #354 ·
I was just comparing some of my videos, stock turbos spooled up just a tad before 2000 rpm. Stage 4 turbos spool up fully at about 3500 rpm.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #355 ·
Well, look what showed up today! Now I’m obsessed with doing more lighting on the truck. Next up I want the Morimoto smoked tail lights.
Font Utility knife Wood Knife Blade

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Cloud Tire Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 ·
Chatted back and forth with Brett and we decided to push the truck further.

Truck sat at 41 lb/min on 14-16 psi.

Got a revision back from Brett couple days ago and was able to romp on it today.

43.3 lb/min on 17 psi at redline.

Son of a gun pulls pretty good. Knock looked good, wasn’t pulling any timing, so I think she wants some more.

·
Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
347 Posts
If only you could get your hands on some more ethanol!

If you get new tail lights, I'll buy your stock ones!

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 ·
I just bought a 91 PR-X tune from MPT! Can’t wait!

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Edge CS2, Kicker PowerStage
377 Posts
What is your OAR on our 91?

Mine has been remarkably terrible the last few tanks…. Like 0 to -0.4 at best. Not a great time for tuning. Wondering if there are good ways to boost it without threatening my CATs or O2 sensors?

Like a dash of E85?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Chatted back and forth with Brett and we decided to push the truck further.

Truck sat at 41 lb/min on 14-16 psi.

Got a revision back from Brett couple days ago and was able to romp on it today.

43.3 lb/min on 17 psi at redline.

Son of a gun pulls pretty good. Knock looked good, wasn’t pulling any timing, so I think she wants some more.

Lol, I know how that feels,,,,,,,, Bret just told me the same thing, until the knock is there, we will continue to push it....... and the revision I just loaded tonight, feels like he has started to lay into the goods!!

Reactions: boostkingMatt
341 - 360 of 391 Posts