3,368 Posts
Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #362 ·
What is your OAR on our 91?

Mine has been remarkably terrible the last few tanks…. Like 0 to -0.4 at best. Not a great time for tuning. Wondering if there are good ways to boost it without threatening my CATs or O2 sensors?

Like a dash of E85?
Wow that’s bad!!! I’ve had a few tanks like that before but not quite that bad. I’ve had -0.20 or so. My last tank sat at -0.54 for a long time. This tank is right at -0.80 amazingly. I’m definitely filling up from that same station again. Some of the best 91 I’ve ever had.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #363 ·
Lol, I know how that feels,,,,,,,, Bret just told me the same thing, until the knock is there, we will continue to push it....... and the revision I just loaded tonight, feels like he has started to lay into the goods!!
Heck yes! Wish I could ride in your truck, although I’d probably go buy a 3.5L afterwards.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #364 ·
Let us know the difference from Bretts
I will. Brett is still working on it and I think going to push it further so we’ll see. 43.3 lb/min felt quite strong to me, so like I’ve said before, I have new respect for people like you who are running almost 60 lb/min good grief.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I will. Brett is still working on it and I think going to push it further so we’ll see. 43.3 lb/min felt quite strong to me, so like I’ve said before, I have new respect for people like you who are running almost 60 lb/min good grief.
For sure, I bet he will .....but really respectable for a none E Blend like 30

If I do anything next, as long as the fuel psi does not suffer on E50, which it appears not to, its aftermarket turbos

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #366 ·

If I do anything next, as long as the fuel psi does not suffer on E50, which it appears not to, its aftermarket turbos
Yep. You have my vote for them!

·
Registered
773 Posts

DO IT.

I consistently get -0.96 on my E50 blend with 91 mixed in.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·
DO IT.

I consistently get -0.96 on my E50 blend with 91 mixed in.
I filled up with 5 gallons of ethanol once and got -0.96 immediately after giving it a little bit of throttle.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #369 ·
Who’s running meth and should I consider doing it?? I know ive been through this a handful of times…

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #370 ·
Alright! Things are getting interesting!!!

Brett sent me a new tune (haven’t tried it yet) but the previous tune he increased the power by 20hp. Now he said he added some more boost, so we’ll see what it does.

MPT got me my 91 PR-X tune. I just went for a drive. Tried to let it learn a bit before romping on it. It pulls really hard. Boost is 18-19 psi. I did another pull with a different configuration and it did 41 lb/min, same as Brett’s other tune and Torries tunes. Except both Brett and Torrie were running 3 psi less.

My honest opinion, the PR-X tune feels good but has some kinks that need to be worked out, especially a weird screech sound on the 2nd to 3rd gearshift during the pull??!!

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #372 ·
Tires chirping? Where does it sound like its coming from?

I spun my tires quite a bit doing some datalogging last night
It’s not tires. Sounds like it’s from the intake. I have never heard this sound before and I’d say I know the sounds my truck makes very well.

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Premium Member
7,172 Posts
Ima say belt.

·
Moderstrator
1,960 Posts
I’m changing my answer and going with belt, too

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #375 ·
@Boatwaco @Arkansas Eco Are you guys sure? How come I haven’t heard it before even though I’ve been on tunes that are more powerful than this one even.

·
Premium Member
7,172 Posts
Can't be super sure.

·
Moderstrator
1,960 Posts
If not tires chirping, belt squeal is next thing to check. You may have a belt that’s grazing a bit from all the hard use.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #378 ·
If not tires chirping, belt squeal is next thing to check. You may have a belt that’s grazing a bit from all the hard use.
Possible I guess. I’ll probably replace it and then see if there’s a change. Only happens on MPT tune and when I ran that tune with lb/min PID it made 41 lb/min, same as Brett’s first revision.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #380 ·
I responded in the other thread where you mentioned this but I think a belt is a relatively inexpensive thing to try in a situation like this. Not that anyone's asking but, Goodyear Gatorback belts have always been a favorite of mine.
Oh no worries man! You’re welcome here anytime!

Is Motorcraft kinda, meh? In this situation? I want a belt that’s going to hold up to some powa

361 - 380 of 572 Posts