• Haha
Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #485 ·
Haha, well here’s the data.

At the hub, 513hp and 455ftlbs of torque.
The second pull was like 466hp, but the engine was getting hot so we cooled it down and it did another run with 508.
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Slope

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
513/456 !!! Awesome (y)

·
Moderstrator
1,864 Posts
This is one guessing game I’m glad I didn’t win!
Congrats!

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
I almost hit the tq number lol

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #490 ·

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #491 ·
You’ve gotta be over the moon! Get any pics of the truck strapped in?

Get a chance to check datalogs yet?
Yeah, I’m in class so I haven’t even been able to really watch the videos I took yet.

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
Yeah. None of us would have guessed the hp. So I think you are the winner since you guessed the torque.
My mind is blown at that HP number. Wow !

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #494 ·
My mind is blown at that HP number. Wow !
No, MY MIND is blown!! After the first pull I walked up to the window of the truck and was like, “how much was that?” And the guy was like “That was pretty stout.” I could tell he was very surprised and impressed. Then he said 512 and my jaw about dropped on the ground.

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
I never saw a hub dyno. Interesting !

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #496 ·
I never saw a hub dyno. Interesting !
Apparently they are the most accurate readings. There’s none of the tire slippage, and stuff. All that inertial stuff I don’t understand. But a Hub dyno is the best.

·
Moderstrator
4,485 Posts
Apparently they are the most accurate readings. There’s none of the tire slippage, and stuff. All that inertial stuff I don’t understand. But a Hub dyno is the best.
Please don't take this post the wrong way, I mean no offense. Hub dyno is best? Most accurate with respect to what? You may pick up 30 or 40 horsepower on a hub dyno compared to a roller dyno, you may then pick up another 30 to 40 horsepower with just an engine dyno compared to a hub dyno. So what's the point of reference? Is the point of reference HP to the ground? Of course not in this example.

It's like saying an engine dyno > hub dyno > roller dyno. 400 HP on a roller dyno does not equal 400 HP on a hub dyno. It takes/wastes real HP to get transmissions, differentials, wheels, and tires spinning. The numbers will, of course, be lower on a roller dyno than on a hub dyno. There are pretty significant differences from one dyno manufacturer to the next.

None of these numbers mean much of anything when compared to the other type of dyno. These numbers are most important in how they compare to the same piece of equipment on the same dyno from one run to the next. Just sayin...

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #498 ·
Please don't take this post the wrong way, I mean no offense. Hub dyno is best? Most accurate with respect to what? You may pick up 30 or 40 horsepower on a hub dyno compared to a roller dyno, you may then pick up another 30 to 40 horsepower with just an engine dyno compared to a hub dyno. So what's the point of reference? Is the point of reference HP to the ground? Of course not in this example.

It's like saying an engine dyno > hub dyno > roller dyno. 400 HP on a roller dyno does not equal 400 HP on a hub dyno. It takes/wastes real HP to get transmissions, differentials, wheels, and tires spinning. The numbers will, of course, be lower on a roller dyno than on a hub dyno. There are pretty significant differences from one dyno manufacturer to the next.

None of these numbers mean much of anything when compared to the other type of dyno. These numbers are most important in how they compare to the same piece of equipment on the same dyno from one run to the next. Just sayin...

No offense taken. Watch this video though. It’s not about, hey, I’m making more horsepower at the hubs! Cuz, of course you are, ya just took the tires off. But it’s more than just that…

• Helpful
Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,036 Posts
Video makes sense.
Basically a hub dyno will measure horsepower pre-some measure of drivetrain loss. In this case, wheels/tires. But it has the advantage of being consistent in regards to a few specific tire/traction variables.

So not technically RWHP?

Sure is safer, especially with 1:1 gear ratio runs.
Pretty cool setup

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #500 ·
Video makes sense.
Basically a hub dyno will measure horsepower pre-some measure of drivetrain loss. In this case, wheels/tires. But it has the advantage of being consistent in regards to a few specific tire/traction variables.

So not technically RWHP?

Sure is safer, especially with 1:1 gear ratio runs.
Pretty cool setup
Yep exactly. The guy at On3 does a lot of this dyno tuning and they also have a roller dyno, so he knows what he’s talking about. He said he thinks I have high 400s to the tires, so like 460 or something.

481 - 500 of 572 Posts