F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
521 - 540 of 572 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #522 ·
Some beautiful shots I took with my iPhone from this weekend.
Cloud Sky Water Mountain Water resources

Cloud Sky Plant Plant community Mountain

Rainbow Water Sky Cloud Ecoregion

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #523 ·
Truck ran a 5.2 second 0-60 last night. Torrie just sent me another file, helping to increase boost on launch. I really need those differential braces…

·
Registered
18 Posts
No, I think that’s supposed to stay. I need to get someone to help me so they can watch and see what it’s actually rubbing on.

Also, does anyone have any good headlight ideas? I want some headlights with black housings. I don’t care if it’s halogen or LED, cuz I have LED bulbs that I like that I’ll swap in.
Pulling back something from a few months ago, but my vote is on the Alpha Rex Nova headlights, I've got them on my truck and they're brighter, clearer & way nicer looking than stock LEDs & far brighter than the Halogens on my last truck... That's just my 2¢

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #525 ·
Alright, so I tried to launch the truck really hard tonight. Roads were partially dry and partially wet. I brake boosted it up pretty far, till I saw like 8 or 9 psi and then I let off and floored it. The truck spun all four tires for a good 15 feet before it hooked up. I didn’t get any wheel hop at all. I somehow managed a 0-30 of 1.98 seconds even with that crazy wheel spin and a 0-60 of 5.2 seconds, (it cut off or had some issue at like 45 mph)
There was literally a 4x4 burnout mark on the pavement.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Truck ran a 5.2 second 0-60 last night. Torrie just sent me another file, helping to increase boost on launch. I really need those differential braces…
My vas front diff goes in this weekend

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I'll have to figure out to post on you tube the video of my 1/4 run tonight that I sent you ....

Can't wait to see the difference when you can build good boost at launch......

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #528 ·
So some of you guys have been through this with me already, but I’m just alerting y’all, I’m truck shopping. I also have a friend here in town who is talking to his bank, he might want to buy my truck. If he does, then I’ll sell it. If he decides not to then I’m keeping it for a little while still.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Moderstrator
1,895 Posts
So some of you guys have been through this with me already, but I’m just alerting y’all, I’m truck shopping. I also have a friend here in town who is talking to his bank, he might want to buy my truck. If he does, then I’ll sell it. If he decides not to then I’m keeping it for a little while still.
After all you and Snowflake have gone through to get to this level of build - and you’ll consider ending the relationship and selling? I’m certain your friend is making a well informed decision. It would make a great truck for anyone.
Have you picked out your next truck yet?

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #530 ·
After all you and Snowflake have gone through to get to this level of build - and you’ll consider ending the relationship and selling? I’m certain your friend is making a well informed decision. It would make a great truck for anyone.
Have you picked out your next truck yet?
😂😂😂 I’m trying not to cry… lol jk at the end of the day it’s just a truck. And if my buddy does end up wanting it, he will love it and drive it like it wants to be driven too. He will be an awesome owner for it.

Not yet. Do you have any suggestions?

Here’s my criterion.

2018-2020 3.5 Ecoboost
Under 70,000 miles
Supercrew 5.5’ bed
White, gray, or silver, possibly other colors
No chrome if possible
3.55 gear
Center console
Backup camera

·
Moderstrator
1,895 Posts
I think you’ve got a great handle on criteria that’s important to you!
My only advice - start with what you must have.
When I was looking to buy my truck, criteria were: 3 model years old or less, less then 15k miles per year, 3.5 Ecoboost, XLT or higher.
From there the searches and searches finally lead me to find “my truck”!

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Yeah, I sorta like the black and white look, so I may go with white caps. My tow hooks are still chrome actually, but they don’t bother me as much. I probably won’t mess with them unless I get bored.
White!

• Haha

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
I would rather 3.73 axles for towing or hotrodding.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #534 ·
Every time I consider this idea of getting a new truck my brain just about explodes. I’ve spent so much money on this truck, I just don’t know if I can afford to do that a second time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There better be a few race videos between the old and the new when the time comes! Both when the old can beat the new and when the new can take the crown!

There's something to be said about a murdered out/ reverse levelled white f150. I think you should get this one a younger brother.

Also, Lariat+ have 4A which is pretty good for getting you off the line, so that might be worth it.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #536 ·
There better be a few race videos between the old and the new when the time comes! Both when the old can beat the new and when the new can take the crown!

There's something to be said about a murdered out/ reverse levelled white f150. I think you should get this one a younger brother.

Also, Lariat+ have 4A which is pretty good for getting you off the line, so that might be worth it.
somday I will get a 3.5L but I’m not sure I want to get rid of this truck right now. Too much blood sweat and tears into it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
somday I will get a 3.5L but I’m not sure I want to get rid of this truck right now. Too much blood sweat and tears into it.
You've got one heck of a truck right now, I can understand not wanting to let it go! I guess my reading comprehension is pretty bad today haha, I didn't realize your last post there was saying you had changed your mind. I thought you were just saying you were somewhat second guessing the idea & it'd take a fair bit of time before you could get a new one to the level that this beast is at.

It's also still a pretty terrible time to buy anyway, hopefully at some point it'll settle out...

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #538 ·
You've got one hell of a truck right now, I can understand not wanting to let it go! I guess my reading comprehension is pretty bad today haha, I didn't realize your last post there was saying you had changed your mind. I thought you were just saying you were somewhat second guessing the idea & it'd take a fair bit of time before you could get a new one to the level that this beast is at.

It's also still a pretty terrible time to buy anyway, hopefully at some point it'll settle out...
No worries man! Haha yeah sometimes my thought process is a roller coaster.

That’s a good point. Maybe in a few years I’ll upgrade the truck, and maybe I’ll even keep this one still!

·
Registered
18 Posts
No worries man! Haha yeah sometimes my thought process is a roller coaster.

That’s a good point. Maybe in a few years I’ll upgrade the truck, and maybe I’ll even keep this one still!
I bet your friend is gonna be disappointed haha

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
I think the answer might be to keep that hotrod 2.7 and find a used body with an engine/drivetrain that needs work and build it like you want. 2014 3.5 EB 2wd lowered. Beefed up 6r80. 4.10 rear. Run around slaughtering 5.7 'hemis' and 6.2 chebbies.

521 - 540 of 572 Posts