F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
41 - 60 of 652 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 F150 XL 2WD 2.7, with some extra stuff!
1,940 Posts
Jus grime? Over here it's snowmelt and salt white. Wont see a black asphalt road till the spring rain flushes it all off.
Enjoyed the Youtube video, thanks! KM

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Jus grime? Over here it's snowmelt and salt white. Wont see a black asphalt road till the spring rain flushes it all off.
Enjoyed the Youtube video, thanks! KM
Well it’s actually a bunch of sand mixed with water and grime. They put sand on the roads up here.
Glad you enjoyed it!

·
Moderstrator
4,680 Posts
Road grime is next level!...
My eyes... my eyes... I'm blind! I'm sure that's a movie line somewhere. :cool:

Yeah, that's not the one I'm thinking of but it's close.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
The video is just sooo ... Sweet ;)
Just ribbin ya. I enjoyed it.
Lol, well it was one of my first videos where I had to explain everything. I said a lot of ums haha

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Your video was just fine, except it made me feel old. Nothing your doing,.... just that you ain't. I have to remind myself that it's not just geezers driving these. :)
Yeah that’s true lol I’m only 22. Not the youngest on the forum tho. There’s another dude who’s 17 almost 18 😮

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Little update for you guys.

Ordered a used set of turbochargers for a really good deal. 300$ for Both. They have 75k miles on them, and no rust or anything.

once I receive them I will clean them up, remove the oil lines and coolant lines and then I will ship them off to CRP engineering!

doing it this way allows me to keep my stock turbos so that if I ever wanted to swap them back on and sell the CRPs I can.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Alright guys, here’s the turbos. I am a little concerned about the deposits in the exhaust outlet as shown in one of my pictures, and the corrosion on the cores. But for the price I got them for I can’t complain. I will have to replace the wastegates, since the vacuum barb got bent in shipping (dude packaged them so poorly) and I will be ditching all the feed/drain tubes. The turbos on my truck now were recently removed for my cylinder head install and so they have all new lines and parts. I am going to clean these up tonight and try to make a parts list. I will call CRP first thing Monday and then it will be time to order up the stage 2s for the “ship your turbos in” price. Can’t wait to begin the process.
Motor vehicle Wood Automotive wheel system Gas Automotive tire

Automotive tire Alloy wheel Motor vehicle Plumbing fixture Rim

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Wood Bicycle part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Gas Auto part

Light Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Auto part Wheel

Musical instrument Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wind instrument Brass instrument

Automotive tire Plumbing fixture Wood Gas Snout

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Congrats Matt !
Thanks. They were much dirtier than I thought. Definitely gonna need new cores, especially since when I took the screw out holding one of the feed lines in, it broke off inside, and inside the coolant side, it is rusted to heck in there. Also, I accidentally cracked the core (not gonna say how) but they were so weakened by all the coolant that spilled all over I am not surprised. Still cheaper than new turbos, so I can’t complain.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Just a little update…
Shipped the turbos off to CRP yesterday. They should get them next week. Paid them the big bucks and can’t wait to start cranking up the horsepower!
They cleaned up nicely I think! CRP will probably media blast them anyway, but heck, I had to satisfy my own interest on how these turbos look inside haha
Wood Art Circle Visual arts Machine

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Thought I’d throw a picture of this beauty up here for no reason other than she’s eye candy to me… 😁
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

·
Premium Member
2017 F150 XL 2WD 2.7, with some extra stuff!
1,940 Posts
Good enough reason! KM

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Well guys, my long awaited dream has come to fruition. Received the stage 2s and my box of parts from Tasca all in one day while I was up skiing. Got back and got to work on the truck. It was so time consuming just getting setup, gawking at the turbos, jacking the truck up, removing the wheels and wheel well liners. Removing all the plumbing, undoing the downpipe nuts and pushing it back just enough to let the downpipe/turbo gasket fall out and draining the dang coolant. But, soon I was removing the lines for the turbo, replaced all the seals that I needed to, (I didn’t end up taking some of the lines off of the head, I just left them be. But all the connections to the turbo got brand new seals, and I did replace the oil line with the non serviceable filter. All in all it is going really well, I was able to install the driver side turbo. Haven’t moved to the passenger side yet, but so far so good, and I haven’t broken anything.

here’s a couple photos of the turbos and project so far. I am extremely impressed with how beautiful the turbos got cleaned up, CRP did a wonderful job.
Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Rim Bicycle part

Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system

Automotive tire Light Rim Automotive wheel system Gas

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Gas

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Well guys, my long awaited dream has come to fruition. Received the stage 2s and my box of parts from Tasca all in one day while I was up skiing. Got back and got to work on the truck. It was so time consuming just getting setup, gawking at the turbos, jacking the truck up, removing the wheels and wheel well liners. Removing all the plumbing, undoing the downpipe nuts and pushing it back just enough to let the downpipe/turbo gasket fall out and draining the dang coolant. But, soon I was removing the lines for the turbo, replaced all the seals that I needed to, (I didn’t end up taking some of the lines off of the head, I just left them be. But all the connections to the turbo got brand new seals, and I did replace the oil line with the non serviceable filter. All in all it is going really well, I was able to install the driver side turbo. Haven’t moved to the passenger side yet, but so far so good, and I haven’t broken anything.

here’s a couple photos of the turbos and project so far. I am extremely impressed with how beautiful the turbos got cleaned up, CRP did a wonderful job. View attachment 176953
View attachment 176956
View attachment 176954
View attachment 176955
Dude, I am so jealous.......... eventually turbo upgrades will be on my list...... cant wait to see and hear your thoughts and gains

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,602 Posts

here’s a couple photos of the turbos and project so far. I am extremely impressed with how beautiful the turbos got cleaned up, CRP did a wonderful job. View attachment 176953
View attachment 176956
View attachment 176954
View attachment 176955
Saawweeeet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Well guys… I finished her up tonight! Did the passenger side turbo, also changed the oil while I was at it, filled up the coolant, put all the plumbing back in, and started her up! Burned off some packing oil on the turbos and I watched for leaks before I put the wheel liners and wheels back on. I was very surprised at how easy the downpipe was to deal with, definitely one of the easier things actually. Everything looked good. Took her for a spin and holy macaroni, these turbos are sooooo loud compared to the old ones. I gave it a tiny bit of gas and my jaw about hit the floor, then I squealed with excitement. I’m on my tune that I’ve been on for a while now, got the go ahead from Brett. We’ll start logging from here. I went out on the highway, but I didn’t give it much gas. I could hear those snails spooling up to whazoo under there, even in higher rpm. After my drive I checked for leaks, none. Very happy. I can’t wait to see what this thing has in it now!
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
curious what for issue did you run into using boostane? I also use boostane and just making sure it's safe to use
Well that’s kind of a long story, but the short version is I was getting random knock here and there (like real, audible knock) thought maybe the boostane wasn’t staying mixed, but it turns out that it was fine, and the issue was my old turbos were leaking oil into the hot side pipes and it was sucking up that oil into the intake manifold.

Reactions: Dash
41 - 60 of 652 Posts